Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joseph1998 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2015, 04:02 PM
    Kfx won't start using electric start or bu push starting
    I have kfx 400 and when I push the start button it just turns over and when I try to push start it .it still doesn't start it has new spark plug oil change ad oil filter
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 7, 2015, 04:10 PM
    What is a Kfx ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 7, 2015, 04:37 PM
    I think it's a 4 wheeler.

Do you drive it over a lot of dirt and sand? Check the fuel filter first, if it has one, or just replace it anyway. Check the float bowl if it has one.
    Meanwhile charge the battery. All those attempts might have run it down just enough to keep it from catching.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2015, 09:05 PM
    Could be a number of possibilities... Basic question, but is it turned to run and is that actually working? Did you check the spark plug to make sure there was a spark before you plugged it in? If spark, make sure fuel is coming in.

Jul 9, 2015, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Could be a number of possibilities... Basic question, but is it turned to run and is that actually working? Did you check the spark plug to make sure there was a spark before you plugged it in? If spark, make sure fuel is coming in.
    I cleaned the carburetor and it is still doing the same thing
    current pert

Jul 9, 2015, 04:42 PM
    You cleaned it? That's not trivial. What exactly did you do?
    Our suggestions were not to your liking, I guess. And you didn't answer my question about dust and dirt. For all you know, gas isn't getting through any number of places.

Jul 9, 2015, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You cleaned it? That's not trivial. What exactly did you do?
    Our suggestions were not to your liking, I guess. And you didn't answer my question about dust and dirt. For all you know, gas isn't getting through any number of places.
    By clean the carburetor I mean take apart and clean the jets and float bowl.. I followed your suggestions the carburetor is clean I just need to know why it is not starting
    current pert

Jul 9, 2015, 05:50 PM
    We can't tell you why. Troubleshooting means trying all sorts of things. I don't suppose you charged the battery. It doesn't have to be dead to be too weak to not give a spark.

Jul 9, 2015, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    We can't tell you why. Troubleshooting means trying all sorts of things. I don't suppose you charged the battery. It doesn't have to be dead to be too weak to not give a spark.
    The battery is new do you have any othet suggestions
    current pert

Jul 9, 2015, 07:05 PM
    I'm going to assume dirt, even though you refuse to say how much dirt you drive in. Get to work on ALL gas lines. IS THERE A BLEEPING INLINE GAS FILTER??
    You want help but are terrible at describing anything - how used, how old, what you have done so far, and we have to drag it out of you.
    I'm going to sleep!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2015, 07:57 AM
    I don't think it's a fuel problem. Try a short blast of starting fluid, if no fire, go after spark. Kill switch, Clutch switch, fuse?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My craftsman snowblower won't start with the recoil starter or electric start [ 1 Answers ]

I'VE USED THIS SNOWBLOWER TWICE THIS YEAR, AND IT WORKED FINE. However, when I tried to pull start it today, I get nothing. I tried the electric Start and It just hums. What is wrong?

My dryer won't start when I push the start button [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer won't start when I push the start button

Kenmore dryer won't start when I push the start button [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore dryer won't start when I push the start button

View more questions Search