Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 9, 2015, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    If we had an Honest Government, that would not be the case.
    I'm not in the US. Your issue isn't only in the US, it's worldwide. Everyone suffers, no matter where they live, and frankly, suffering in the US isn't that bad, compared to other places. Would you like to live in Africa, or Iran, or Iraq, etc?

No government can take care of every issue, and no government can make everyone happy.

Does it suck? Yes. Is there anything you can do about it? No.

So suck it up buttercup. Work with the system you have in place, and stop whining. Whining doesn't do a darn thing. It doesn't help you, and it makes no difference to anyone else.

Either take action, or suck it up. If you don't take action, you're part of the problem, not the solution. So stop griping about things you can't or won't change.

Sorry, but that's the truth.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2015, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    So much for having Laws when there are ways to get around them.
    Not to further hijack the OP's thread, but unless she returns to give details about the situation there is not much more we can advise.

So I have to ask you have you ever tried writing a law? Its almost like writing a computer program. The law has to be written to cover every eventuality. That's why so many laws get overturned or ignored, because they don't cover something. That's one of the reasons lawyers exist.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jul 10, 2015, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Not to further hijack the OP's thread, but unless she returns to give details about the situation there is not much more we can advise.

So I have to ask you have you ever tried writing a law? Its almost like writing a computer program. The law has to be written to cover every eventuality. That's why so many laws get overturned or ignored, because they don't cover something. That's one of the reasons lawyers exist.
    No, I have not. Nor can I dispute what you have said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

60-day advance notice for lease termination [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, My lease has a clause which requires 60-day written notice to leave even if the lease expired as of a certain date. Appears the lease assumes an automatic renewal at a month-to-month rate which is rather exorbitant compared to regular lease rates. What recourse do I have if management...

URGENT : One month termination notice . [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my friend was given a one month termination notice for poor performance . They will watch him for a month and terminate him if he didn't hit the target that the bottom line. His project manger and Office HR was in the room discussing this. Will they terminate him if he didn't hit the...

Do we need a termination notice for fixed term lease? [ 0 Answers ]

I had a Lease from from 8-Aug-09 to 31-Aug-10 with 60 day notice period for termination of lease ( in Connecticut). I gave notice on 13-Jul-10(47days),but my landlord is saying that I did not give 60days notice so he is withholding securitydeposit as Sep-2010 rent (For the month which I have not...

View more questions Search