Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WndringMinstrel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2015, 07:16 AM
    Planet of the Dinosaurs??
    Back when Jurassic Park came out, my cousin and I were waking through a video store and found an older dinosaur movie that had been repackaged with the tag line: "this is no park." The movie was about a group of astronauts that crash land on a planet filled with dinosaurs. Many of these astronauts are killed off on by one. The no-brainier answer is that the film is Planet of the Dinosaurs, but I am not sure because I can't find any images or evidence of that film, or any other film, being connected with the "no park" tag line that attempted to cash in on the success of Jurassic Park.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 7, 2015, 12:48 PM
    Since Jurassic Park came out about 15 years after Planet of the Dinosaurs, what you saw in the video store was either a re-release of the older movie on video cassette trying to take advantage of the popularity of Jurassic Park, or perhaps the "It's no Park" theme was something cooked up by the video store itself?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jul 9, 2015, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    Since Jurassic Park came out about 15 years after Planet of the Dinosaurs, what you saw in the video store was either a re-release of the older movie on video cassette trying to take advantage of the popularity of Jurassic Park, or perhaps the "It's no Park" theme was something cooked up by the video store itself?
    Exactly what I thought. I saw a poster for a 30th year anniversary edition of Planet of the Dinosaurs, but that time frame didn't work either...
    jenniesmith019 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2015, 11:13 PM
    Movie on video cassette trying to take advantage of the popularity of Jurassic Park, or perhaps the "It's no Park" theme was something cooked up by the video store itself?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 10, 2015, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipB
    movie on video cassette trying to take advantage of the popularity of Jurassic Park, or perhaps the "It's no Park" theme was something cooked up by the video store itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniesmith019
    Movie on video cassette trying to take advantage of the popularity of Jurassic Park, or perhaps the "It's no Park" theme was something cooked up by the video store itself?
    Do you have a thought of your own on this, or do you just copy and paste other peoples' comments?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jul 13, 2015, 08:27 AM
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ebaines again.

Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    Do you have a thought of your own on this, or do you just copy and paste other peoples' comments?
    Strange, isn't it? I noticed it's been done on a few of my posts as well...
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 22, 2015, 04:31 PM
    "Planet of the Dinosaurs" (1977) is available on YouTube. It has astronauts encountering dinosaurs (stop-motion work).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59rozGjtzh0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about dinosaurs [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie, or a series with few episodes that I watched when I was little. It's about a group of people who for some reason go back in time to dinosaur-time. The movie may have been made in the 80s or 90s or early 21th century. The group of people stay for a while there, but...

Colors of dinosaurs [ 3 Answers ]

I read a book a few weeks ago and the first sentence was No one knows what color the dinosaurs were... this made me think about it and I just wanted to know if this is true. While I was looking online and in all of my books about the dinosaurs, none of them said for sure what color they were....

What Killed off the Dinosaurs [ 32 Answers ]

I don't know if I put this in the right category but me and my husband were arguing about what killed off the dinosaurs he says the ICEAGE and I say an ASTROID... Now what killed them off?

Dinosaurs [ 123 Answers ]

This question has been bothering me for a long time. The fossils of the dinosaurs are assessed to be millions of years old. Their skeltons are displayed in the museums. I am very staunch believer of the fact that God created the universe in six days. I do understand that the timeline of Lord God is...

Ok: dinosaurs and creatures (90's) [ 2 Answers ]

Ok first movie I can't remember: A boy has all these toy dinosaurs and then somehow they come alive? I just remember his house being really nice and the dinosaurs like playing with his remote control car. Ehh? Second: Ok so little creatures that were really cute, in like a pet store? And the...

View more questions Search