Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cute990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2015, 04:56 AM
    Brown discharge before
    Hi doctor!
    I have a problem that is lasting from more than a year now.I have a brown spotting before a menstrual cycle starts.This condition continues for several consecutive months since 1-2 years.in addition after the period end there is whitish discharge after 3-4 days with no smell.
    Waiting for kind help.
    Thanks.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 7, 2015, 05:17 AM
    Brown just means blood exposed to air (oxidized) before you see it, even on the way out of the vagina.
    Spotting is very common and generally means nothing. That's not to say there isn't 'something' going on.
    Can you describe the whitish discharge in more detail? Clear sticky whitish or cottage cheese whitish?
    Many women have the first kind naturally - I did when younger.
    The second kind usually smells and is a yeast infection. There are drugstore products for that.
    If you live in a country where medical care is good, please see a doctor for a general GYN checkup.
    cute990 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2015, 06:10 AM
    The whitish discharge is Clear sticky whitish and appears regularly after 4days of the periods and continues for 5days.
    While the brown discharge appers before the bleeding then it stops and some times accompanied with blood spot, then the menstrual cycle begins after 1-2 days and this time really frustrating for me .
    Both these discharges tookup a regular appearance with the mentioned times and I don't know if they are normal process or not
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2015, 08:15 AM
    As joypulv stated, white discharge, without itching or a strong odor, after a period is normàl, and many women will have periods that begin and/or end with some brownish discharge.

Consider seeing your doctor if continue to be concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge stopped then turned light brown? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and have not started my period like ever. I noticed dark brown discharge that lasted for 3 days it stopped and we have extra panty liners at my house so I used one. And it was light brown maybe even tan? No smell and doesn't really show when I wipe. Could anybody help me with what this could...

Brown discharge/regual/back to brown? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I started my period about 5 days ago. And for a day or so it was brownish red but it did not smell. Then it returned to its normal red color and slowed down. But today its back to a brownish color and its heavy again. Why?

Brown discharge + sticky darker brown when period is due [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and is sexually active with my boyfriend. We are each other first and only so it shouldn't be anything like std or something. Anyway, my period was due last thrusday and it didn't come. The only thing that came was creamy light brown discharge then on Friday night, me and my boyfriend...

Brown Discharge a week before period, then brown discharge at time of period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on Yaz birth control and because of a different medicine I take they say the effectiveness of the birth control may be compromised (they don't know how much) so I always make sure to use a condom in addition to the birthcontrol. I never miss a pill and take them regularly...

View more questions Search