Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laya2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2015, 01:31 AM
    Need help please
    I had a miscarriage and in the process everything came out. My question is, is it possible to NOT have an exam per request or patient or does it HAVE to be done? My job found out and told me I needed to go get checked out and get a work release form. Problem is I have no money or insurance for anything. Is it possible to go to a free clinic without having to go through the exam?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 02:57 AM
    That is a question for your work, It appears they are concerned over your health, and do not want to risk a workers injury.

So if they want a release, a free clinic may (or may not) be able to give you one.
    And a free clinic, at least the ones I am thinking about, do exams.

Who at work told you to do this ? You could also go to a higher boss and ask not to.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 04:15 AM
    Did you miss days from work because of this? It's pretty standard to require a return to work release from a doctor after missing days for medical reasons. The doctor that treated you is the most logical choice. Where are you in the world that your doctor calls your job, and not the other way around?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Laya2 View Post
    I had a miscarriage and in the process everything came out. My question is, is it possible to NOT have an exam per request or patient or does it HAVE to be done? My job found out and told me I needed to go get checked out and get a work release form. Problem is I have no money or insurance for anything. Is it possible to go to a free clinic without having to go through the exam?
    Were you examined by a doctor and assured you are clean? It is always advisable to have a D&C (curetage) to eliminate future problems.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Were you examined by a doctor and assured you are clean? It is always advisable to have a D&C (curetage) to eliminate future problems.
    I beg beg to differ. Rarely do any of my patients have a D&C after a miscarriage.

With thy that said, if you missed any work it is standard procedure to get a Return to Work Release from a doctor.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 06:07 AM
    I know a few who have had a D&C after a miscarriage, but they all had insurance and even then there is a deductible to pay. If you have NO insurance then you have fewer options. If you have no regular primary doctor then the options are even fewer.

That sounds like the case here.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2015, 07:45 AM
    Get doctor recommendations from family, coworkers, friends... call a few and ask about a payment plan. Contact local health clinic, planned parenthood, or pregnancy center.

An exam is not usually very expensive, and you may find a sliding scale available anyway.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2015, 10:04 AM
    A D&C after miscarriage is not always necessary however I do think a check over from your doctor is probably a very good idea just to be sure that you have no infection etc... and that you are strong enough to return to work.I know money is an issue here but I'm sure there has to be some option for people who are in your position... payment plan free clinic etc... sometimes your GP can put you in touch with various options that may be open to you rather than a risk to your health not to mention keeping your job.Make some enquiries there are people out there who will help you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 11, 2015, 10:28 AM
    Aside from the need for an exam, the employer requires it. Call every hospital around to see if they have an affiliated clinic. Clinics are the cheapest. Ones in poor neighborhoods sometimes have the cheapest options of all. Call Planned Parenthood - maybe some birth control would get you a free doctor's note. And - ask around!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search