Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Murphy08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2015, 04:25 PM
    Levy released judgement still on credit report
    I had a levy on my bank account then suddenly the levy was released, but the judgement is still on my credit report what does this mean
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 02:52 AM
    Yes, if you have a judgement against you, (even if it is paid in full) it will appear on your credit report, since it shows a legal action taken to collect a debt.

The credit report is not connected to what the bank does, it is merely a report of what has happened in the past.

Why was the levy dropped? Was some arrangement reached?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 05:10 AM
    You have a legal right to have inaccurate or questionable reports on you credit removed or modified.

Disputing Errors on Credit Reports | Consumer Information

Credit Repair Services | 2015 Reviews & Ratings | BadCredit.org

How to Dispute Items on a Credit Report | eHow

How to Get Stuff Removed From a Credit Report | eHow

They can report whatever they like but it's up to YOU to dispute it. CYOA (Cover Your Own Arse!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report levy joint bank account? [ 2 Answers ]

The father of my son and I are not married. We do not live together. We do no share expenses however, he is the secondary owner of a checking account I am the primary owner of. The purpose of the account is for me to save for a house for myself and my children. He makes deposits into the...

Levy on Bank account/ judgement on credit report [ 1 Answers ]

On week before christmas of last year I called to check my bank account and was told by the bank that I have a levy on my account, I asked them how is it possible that a stranger that I have never spoken to can do this to my account. The bank gave me a number and said that Thomas Law office put the...

Judgement On Credit Report [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Judgement On My Credit That Starts With A "b" The Number Is B38746p1562. How Can I Find Out What State This Is From And What It Is About.

Judgement on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I won a judgement in NYC and would like to know how I go about placing it on the persons credit report. I've heard that it's called a fieri facias. Thanks

View more questions Search