Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eamespoole64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2015, 02:49 PM
    Asher school of business
    I also went to Asher in Norcross,
    Ga when they first started. I would like to know why they closed. How do I go about finding that information. Things just didn't seem on the up and up when I went there. I need the original paper work for my school loan. Loan started at 4460.00 and am after paying over 8000.00 they are trying to collect over 20,000 because I went into forbearance. I graduated in 1993 with a diploma because they were not accredited because they didn't have a library. Should I just contact my Congressman?
    eamespoole64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2015, 02:55 PM
    Why did Asher School of Business go out of business? Was it fraud?
    Is there a website to find out what happened to the business ? Are students able to get their records?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 03:43 AM
    This is going to be long, and assorted information.

First, there will be more reasons for not being accredited than just a library. So my guess that is only one of dozens of reasons.

Your loan could not have been a Federal loan, but a private loan. The status of the school has no bearing on your loan. My guess is your loan is with a third party, not actually the school. So once you attend class, the status of the school has no bearing on your loan. Also if you did not make payments properly, adding to the debt, this also is not the schools fault. Someone going to Missouri University may end up owing 100,000 on a 20,000 loan, if they do not properly make payments.

With that said, here is information on when they filed as corporation and a report from 2014 on who is listed over the school.

Asher School Of Business, Inc. is a Georgia Domestic Profit Corporation filed on July 28, 1989. The company's filing status is listed as Automated Administrative Dissolution/Revocation and its File Number is J914940.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Bonnie Mittelstadt and is located at 2303 Briarleigh Way Dunwoody, GA 30338. The company's principal address is 100 Pinnacle Way # 110 Norcross, GA 30071-3633.

The company has 2 principals on record. The principals are Bonnie Mittelstadt from Dunwoody GA and Joe M Voyles from Norcross GA.

[FONT=arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#072044]Darrell Woodrum was the head of the school.

Something unusual, when you attempt to go to the Asher school web site, you go automatically to the Mackie Brown University web site. ( there is also some other strange internet connections between the two schools.. I am not saying they are connected, just that they appear to own the old web site. ?????
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asher School of Business Norcross, Ga [ 2 Answers ]

I attended Asher School of Business and graduated in 2004. I recently moved back to my country (Uruguay) and need my transcripts as a requirement for a job but have not been able to contact those local numbers. I also need the School address.

Copy of transcript from private business school went out of business New Jersey [ 1 Answers ]

I graduated in 1986 from Sawyer Business School, Elizabeth, NJ. Anyone has an idea how to get a copy of records or verification of graduation?

Praxis Business School [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hello every one! Has any body any idea anything about the "Praxis Business School" recently opened this year in Kolkata that too I heard very near to IIM, Kolkata..?

View more questions Search