Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbeezy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2015, 12:01 PM
    Just diagosed with prostate cancer!
    My friend went into the doctor on Monday because he has been having really bad stomach issues, and in his lower "male" region. He was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of treatment is most effective and/or can tell me what different types of treatments for prostate cancer are available? By the way we live in Kansas, I'm not sure if there are some states where certain treatments are not aloud to be used and or if some states allow treatment options that another state might not allow. And could someone please tell me which type of treatment they would consider to be the most effective, to cure it rather than just help it go slower? I'd prefer if you gave me advice on which is most effective, its either from you being in the medical field, or your own personal reference from dealing with prostate cancer. Also if you could please let me know where you get your knowledge from so I can go read up on it if you are taking it from the internet thank you, and have a wonderful 4th of July, keep my friend in your prayers, we are super nervous but have a lot of hope and faith!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2015, 12:16 PM
    These are all questions your "friend" needs to be asking their doctor. And should have already.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2015, 12:51 PM
    I don't have any knowledge or experience with prostate cancer, but I will certainly offer up prayers and good thoughts as I do know how frightening a cancer diagnosis can be.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 4, 2015, 03:14 PM
    Sending thoughts and prayers to your friend, but this is something he needs to be discussing with his doctor. Treatments will vary according to the stage of the cancer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2015, 03:12 AM
    I keep a very close eye on mine and have had serious prostate issues in the past. The types of treatment will depend on how advanced the cancer is, his general health, and then, (really sad to say) what type of health insurance he has, and how much money they have, to pay what insurance will not pay.

So he needs to sit down with his doctor, and develop a plan of treatment, the doctors office will then work with the insurance company and determine how much it will cover and how much he will have to pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prostate Cancer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: Is it true, that if a man lives long enough, he WILL get prostate cancer? excon

Prostate cancer [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: How difficult is the recovery from robotic surgery to remove the prostate?

Prostate cancer [ 3 Answers ]

Im not concerned that I have it I just want to educate myself. Is prostate cancer lumps on the balls or like a lumpy substance in your ball sack?

Prostate cancer [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a radical removal of his prostate in oct.2007. Last psa was 0.002. dr. says he is in remission. How long before we can say he is completely cancer free.

View more questions Search