Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miked996 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2015, 10:57 AM
    Brown well water clear at well head facet but is brown in house
    Well water runs clear when sampled at the pump. But is brown at the whole house filter.
    I have been having problems with the filter needing to be changed every 3 to 4 weeks. Ran water rom the well head facet for a couple of days until it was clear. Now the water at the filter is still brown and the filter needs to be changed in a week. The water at the well facet is still clear. Anybody have any ides or experience with this?

THANK YOU.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2015, 01:24 PM
    You just don't see the rust in the well water. I have the same issue in mine. Change a 10 micron filter every month. Try 2 filters, one a 20 micron and then a 10.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 12, 2015, 09:21 AM
    Sure sound like the water table has dropped and you are pulling up silt and dirt.
    The solution is to either drill a new well or increase the depth of the old one.
    Good luck , Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water brown, cold clear? [ 2 Answers ]

We went on vaca and shut off the water while gone for four days. Upon return, our hot water is brownish and the cold is fine and clear. What do I do?

Why is cold water clear and hot water brown [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with the hot water turning brown, while the cold is clear-- as we use various systems to clear the well water from iron and tannin----would using a tankless water system prevent the reaction with heat that turns the hot water brown?

On well, hot water brown, cold water clear? [ 1 Answers ]

Our well is 2 years old, as are the 2 water heaters, UV filter and water softener. 2 days ago our hot water started coming out brown. The cold water is fine. This is happening in both water heaters and they are not connected. I drained both water heaters and there was no sludge. I ran hot...

Would the water softener cause occasional brown water in the house? [ 1 Answers ]

Periodically I will get brown water in the house in the toilet and faucets, I was told that the membrain in the tank is going bad and could cause this is this true? I also see dirty water in the dishwasher,

Clear water brown looking [ 3 Answers ]

My poor dad is at his wits end with his pool. He recently had new bitumen on the road which he lives in and after that his pool has now gone very bad. He has had the water tested which is all clear however the pool certainly does not look clear. It is a fibreglass pool and the water looks brown...

View more questions Search