Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gjkerins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2015, 10:03 PM
    Declaration fee to leave Ghana
    A girl who I have been corresponding with says she needs a declaration fee to leave Ghana. Is this a real fee?
    gjkerins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2015, 10:09 PM
    Dating scam in Ghana
    I asked for a copy of a girl's passport how do I know that it is real
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 1, 2015, 10:26 PM
    You can't know. Most forgeries are so good that they even fool officials.

Your title says "Dating scam in Ghana". I'm guessing that you want to verify who you're chatting with, and I'm also guessing that she's asking for money.

Your title says it all. It's a scam. Ghana is very well known for it's dating scams. Just Google and then prepare to sit and read for weeks all the scams attributed to Ghana.

Bottom line, if she (if it's a she) is asking for money, it's a scam.

Unless you talk to her face to face, you'll never even know if the pictures she sends are really her. It could be, and often is, a guy posing as a girl. There are offices set up, desks side by side, of people perpetuating this scam. It usually starts with a lot of flirting, then quickly turns to saying they love you, then they ask for money so they can get a passport, or leave the country and be with you. You can send money, but every time you do, something new will come up and they need money to fix it, and until you give them the money, they can't leave and be with you.

People have literally spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on people they claim love them, and they love. They're all scams. They steal photos of people that are attractive and use them to scam you. They come up with a story to pull you in. Then they ask for money.

Tell her no and see how quickly she either gets mad, or stops talking to you all together so she can move on to someone that will pay. If it's even a she.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 1, 2015, 10:27 PM
    No, it's not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2015, 11:32 PM
    There is no declaration fee. There is no travel allowance fee. The cost of a ghana passport and a US visa, is under 300 USD.

The good scamers are professional business, that can produce documents that look better than the original. If she has asked for this fee, it is a scam.

Also in the big companies that do this, they have staffs of dozens of people, working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with prepared scripts to cover anything you may say. In mere text messages, you may talk to several different people, who answer

They then have special girls hired, who do the phone calls or the video messages.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2015, 08:02 AM
    Be sure to read"similar questions" . These are scams!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana declaration fee [ 4 Answers ]

I am married to a woman who is in Ghana and am trying to get her here in the united states. All her paperwork is finished, Passport, Visa, Doctors approval the two days before she was to leave she received this Declaration fee wanting $10,000 in money before they will allow her to leave. I don't...

Declaration fee for Ghana [ 4 Answers ]

I have a woman in Ghana her name is Joyce Wisdom, if that is her real name, and has asked me for funds for passport, visa, medical clearance and now for declaration fee for traveling to the u.s. It seems she is stuck in Accra at the airport for her to travel here because she needs $6,000 to get...

Does ghana have a declaration fee to leave ghana [ 5 Answers ]

I just wish to know if there is such a thing as a 4000aud fee for people to leave ghana

Ghana Declaration Fee [ 13 Answers ]

OK... this appears bogus. From what I've searched, this is like a BTA or PTA type fee which was discontinued. Maybe I'm wrong but is this valid. No way that I'm sending money... this person is on their own. Sent to me probably to see if I would react. The statutory declaraton fee imposed...

View more questions Search