Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizham71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2015, 09:51 PM
    Need help finding error! Finance general journal
    OK I can't find my error could someone help please
    Chart of accounts are:
    (assets)cash, accounts receivable, inventory, office supplies,
    (liabilities) notes payable, accounts payable, sales tax payable, mortgage payable, drawing,
    (revenue) sales, sales returns allowances
    (expenses) purchases, purchase returns, salary expense, utility expense, telephone expense, office supplies expense, bad debt expense.

Here are list of transactions:
    Check 79 in amount of $45 was issued to pay phone bill for April
    Check 80 in the amount of $342 issued to Elect bulb co for payment of April invoice(bulbs purchased in April for resale)
    Julie bought $230 worth of lamps and charged to her account.
    Alice (store owner) wrote off ed' miller overdue account amount $34 (bad debt expense)
    Check 81 issued in amount of $31 to paper works for office supplies bought while at the store
    Weekly cash register summary sales $4853 sales tax 147 cash 5000
    Check 82 amount of $55 issued to pay utility bill for April
    Check 83 amount of $85 issued to paper works for payment of April invoice (supplies in April were bought on account.)
    Alice purchased $420 worth of bulbs form electrifying bulb on account. Bulbs will be resold.
    Weekly cash register summary sales 3642 tax 98 cash3740
    Check 84 amount 2000 for payroll
    Check 85 amount 125 issued to alice owner person draw
    Alice purchased 1000 worth of lamps for resale from light house on account
    Check 86 amount of 1200 was issued pay mortgage
    Weekly cash register summary sales 1423 tax 27 cash1450
    Check received from customer julie in amount of 150 for last months purchases.
    Check 87 issue in amount of 200 to pay note for month of may
    Alice (owner) returned some of bulbs she purchased from electrifying bulb and they credited her account for amount of 200.
    Wekkly cash summary sales 2546 tax 134 cash 2680

I can't get it to come out right and I have spent the last 3 hours trying to find my mistake someone please help!
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2015, 10:09 AM
    Do you have beginning amounts in your accounts and you will need to know when the transactions are being posted in order to post the transactions correctly.

For an example you are writing a check to pay a bill: your first account will be cash, but your second account could be an expense account or accounts payable depending on when the transaction is being posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

View more questions Search