Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mickster4 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2015, 07:23 PM
    Back Problem
    My Left Shoulder Blade has been bothering me for awhile now. It seems to have gotten worse it feels as if something is out of place because it just becomes more and more painful. Asked my GP Dr. about it and he had nothing to say about it but my shoulder blade grinds. What could this be? Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 30, 2015, 05:59 AM
    Your shoulder blade is pretty big. Please be more specific.
    Doctors often wait for patient to complain that they can't function. Otherwise they figure it's just a muscles strain or the general arthritis of aging. After that is bursitis, when you lose the synovial fluid that lubricates the shoulder joint (as well as knees).
    Answer this:
    What hand do you use?
    Do you sit at a computer a lot?
    Do you carry anything on the left side, such as a heavy bag or baby?

I have a painful right shoulder at my age, 68. I am right handed and used and abused it too much. I go to great lengths to have my desk and chair low enough for me, and to make sure my right arm isn't hunched up a bit using the computer mouse (most people lift that arm up, and it will hurt eventually).
    I take a lot of Tylenol and ibuprofin.
    I rotate my shoulder gently as often as I can, especially in the shower.
    A heated electric throw around your shoulders helps too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2015, 05:49 PM
    Chiropractic doctors are very good with back issues, so I always believe in going there first on back issues.

Also depending on where you live, medical massage and acupuncture can also be good
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 1, 2015, 03:45 AM
    How old are you and what kind of work do you do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doxie back problem, help! [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 year old dachshund has been hesitant to get down from the couch and my bed. I noticed about 3 days ago that it l

How do I fix a back flow problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 125 kohler diverters in my hotel (kt-15101-4). Half of our hotel is withought hot water. I have shut off all public water supply for that end of the hotel. The only thing left open are the guest showers. Is it possible for cold water to get into the hot water line even with the shower off?

Back Problem [ 3 Answers ]

IF you have consulted a doctor about a back problem would a Chiropractor be the best next person to consult about care and limitation for dealing with the condition in regards to working and lifting restrictions.

Dachshund Back problem - urinating problem [ 6 Answers ]

My dachshund is now on box-rest after his back problems caused paralysis in his back legs. Is there any method to help him urinate or defecate?Basically after losing the use of his back legs, he has lost the ability to urinate or defecate by himself.

Overpayment claw back problem [ 1 Answers ]

My employer offered an employee purchase plan (toward a laptop) - I paid for the computer monthly, they reimbursed me the same amount. I am paid by automatic deposit and never look at my pay stub. Now it turns out that they continued to make the payment for about three years past when they should...

View more questions Search