Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StaceyDo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2015, 10:44 AM
    My husband just lost his best friend - how can I help?
    My husband just lost his best friend and the best man at our wedding. How can I help him get through this?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2015, 11:14 AM
    Be there with him to listen and allow him to express himself. Suggest something special to remember him by. Recently a boy we know lost his parents and we are planting two trees in our new house to remember his parents by. We actually ended up adopting the boy. It takes time to get over losing someone close, so allow him that time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 29, 2015, 01:06 PM
    I agree that the key word is listen. You don't need to encourage, or say platitudes, or be cheerful to distract him. Just hold him in your arms.

I too like the idea of planting something.
    I planted a clematis that had the same name as my dad. Unfortunately it was the smallest one of the plants I ordered (online) and it didn't make it. That was 3 years ago and I still haven't contacted the flower company. I will, but need to be prepared for rejection. Maybe I won't. I have plenty of other ways to remember.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband, his friend, and his friend's girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I am a newlywed. I am having some feelings about a situation and I wanted input from others. My husband frequently goes over to his friend's house to hang out. He says it is for guy time, but it never is just the two of them. His friend's girlfriend is always there as well. All three of them hang...

My husband wants to help his ex as friend but he wants to stay with me as friend. [ 17 Answers ]

My husband was in love with a girl during his college. They could not marry. Now she met him again after 15 yrs. He wants to help her as a friend. He does not want my life to be effected.

Friend Lost [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a hostel. I am in my final year of college. I had a very good friend. We used to tell each other everything. Unfortunately, I started feeling jealous of her. Her achievements, her grades etc. In a fit of jealousy, I would say something hurting, then I would be remorseful and apologize and...

Will I ever get over the lost of my husband [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was murdered last year and I still feel the same way as before even though it will be a year in a few days. Will I ever get over this?

Lost a best friend. What do I do? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a best friend. He's a guy and like we've been best friends for over 2 years now. We always did everything together and right now its Sunday at 935. And I've been crying for the last 3 days because he just came up to me and flat out said he didn't want to be my best friend anymore. I DID NOT...

View more questions Search