Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaulHar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2015, 09:07 AM
    One Excel 2010 user corrupts spreadsheets
    Hey guys, hoping for some insight on an issue I am facing:

We have one user that is running Excel 2010. When she opens a spreadsheet, works on it, then saves it, it opens with errors the next time anyone tries to use it. It gives an "Unreadable content error message" and asks if you want to repair the file. It seems to only happen if she saves it as .xlsx, saving it as .xls doesn't seem to cause the same problem.

Exact Error:

"Excel found unreadable content in filename.xls. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

She is running Office 2010 Home & Business on Windows 7 Pro x64

I have tried repairing Office 2010, uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2010, making sure it has the latest updates and service packs.

Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 27, 2015, 09:42 AM
    Really, and who gets these error messages ?
    What happens when they reopen the same file ??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't excel let me hyperlink between spreadsheets? [ 2 Answers ]

We have some shared spreadsheets in the office and I am trying to hyperlink between two of them. Basically we have a large spreadsheet of part numbers being used and I created one for actions that need to be done to solve problems with specific part #s. I am trying to hyperlink the two files so...

Using Spreadsheets in Excel to Calcualte Totals and Linking. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay here is my problem. I already have a spreadsheet setup where I enter my data and get a final total. For each lisitng I have I'd like it to set up a printing page. See. Service Man- _____ Hours ______ Total Parts- ___________ Hours ______ Total Truck Expense- ___ Hours _______...

How to link to other spreadsheets using Excel [ 2 Answers ]

How do you compose a spreadsheet to link information that has been inputted into that spreadsheet to reflect on other spreadsheets?

Linking Excel Spreadsheets [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi There ANyone know how I can link excel spreadsheets to each other?:confused:

View more questions Search