Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Psm68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2015, 06:52 AM
    Removing desk drawer
    I bought a very old wooden desk that has metal hook catches on back, and put one of the drawers in the wrong place. Now I cannot get it out. Need help!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 27, 2015, 04:21 PM
    Can you get to the catches if you take out all the other drawers?
    Is is a desk with one drawer that won't open unless a certain other drawer is open? My old desk is like that.

Sorry for starting with the obvious. A picture would be nice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old oak desk drawer parts [ 0 Answers ]

I have an old oak desk with a drawer that only opens when the drawer above it is opened. There must be a spring or something that enables this. Does anyone know about such a spring? The drawer will not open. Thanks

Stuck desk drawer [ 14 Answers ]

My office desk drawer is stuck closed. It opens only an inch. It is on side sliders and there appears to be no way to access the sliders that seem to catch on something inside the track.

Removing Storehouse desk drawer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Storehouse desk which is about 12 years old. It is either pine or light oak. The drawers are set on a slider bracket. Something has fallen into the space behind one of the drawers and I cannot get the drawer off the bracket to remove what is obstructing the drawer from closing. Any...

Opening Locked (not keyed) Desk Drawer [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1930s wood schoolteacher desk that my roommate somehow locked on the left side. She only remembers closing the drawers. It's of the vintage/style where there's a catch or latch on the back of the drawer -- not keyed. The drawers are empty (she locked it while packing to move). I can't...

Unlocking desk drawer [ 5 Answers ]

I have three "work stations" or desk units. Each has a drawer that can be locked with a small key. Each one was locked when we moved. The keys are lost. Does anyone have any tips on how to unlock? I don't want to pay for a locksmith. I tried the usual: hair pin, small screw driver.

View more questions Search