Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dpatry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2005, 01:45 PM
    Old cat problem
    Hi, my old cat Theo (18) is peeing anywhere except his litter box.

I keep it clean all the time. I began a routine of putting him out side 3 times a day (maybe he likes it better out side?). It worked for a time but not anymore...

What can I do??
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Mar 2, 2005, 03:52 PM
    I'm not an expert on cats, but my guess would be that he is losing his sense of smell. Have you tried calling a vet. They should tell you if it is something that needs to be treated without you taking him in.

Mar 3, 2005, 05:40 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I was so worried yesterday, that I took my old Theo to the vet and it seems that his kidneys are beginning to fail.
    His 18, he drinks a lot of water and he sleeps most of the day.
    We are going to change his diet, give him pills and hope that he'll stay with us a little longer.
    Thanks again
    Danielle
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2005, 07:55 AM
    Old cat
    Hi, Danielle,
    It's amazing how animals can become part of the family. My house dog is 10 yrs old now, and I really don't know what I would ever do without her.
    I wish you the very best with your cat, and compliment you on taking such good care of her by taking her to the vet.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2005, 09:14 PM
    How is you Theo? My dog Lady is 13 and also trying to clear up a urinary problem which started when she was diagnosed with pyoderma. Now she's going for 12 shots of an antiobiotic which will clear up the staph infection of her skin and hopefully stop her urinating while she's sleeping. Hope you cat is doing better.

Mar 7, 2005, 05:58 AM
    Old cat better
    Hi,
    My old cat Theo is doing better. We know that renal failure is a deadly disease and we also know that Theo is going to leave us sooner than later, but as long as he is well and doesn't suffer, that's all we want.
    Thanks for caring for an old cat.
    Danielle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

View more questions Search