Svoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2015, 10:40 AM
    Police
    How do I become a police officer
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2015, 10:54 AM
    Go to the Police Academy.

Get a degree in Criminal Justice or some related course.

Join the armed forces and get trained to be a Military Policeman.

In Florida some community colleges off classes so you can get your Law Enforcement Certificate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2015, 05:16 PM
    For some, you finish high school. Apply. They will send you to a police academy.
    It will help if you go to university and get a 4 year degree. It can be in Criminal Justice, but it can really be in anything.

Also people who have served in the military are often given first chance at employment.

In some areas, you pay for yourself to go to the police academy and at graduation local departments may offer positions.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 26, 2015, 06:18 PM
    It depends on where you live. Here in CA, you apply for a job, interview, test, etc. If you pass the testing and background checks, they send you to an academy where you are trained. You receive more on the job training after that, or work in the prisons while you await an opening at a station.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the film where the police are held up in the police station? [ 2 Answers ]

It was originally a 1970 movie and has been remade recently. Criminals - bent cops - lay segue to the police station.

Police Harassment! How do I sue the police station? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had various run ins with the police after I picked up charges in 2010. They have watched my house, folllwed me, pulled me over, searching my car... This last time they came to my house when I was gone and impounded my car, they drug it down the street in park leaving a huge black mark down my...

Police Harassment and how to sue the police department in East Dublin, GA 31027? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my friend have been harassed by the East Dublin Police for years. I was arrested in 2007 for a day and then I was release. I had a case where a young man stole from my Bank account and the police and the judge did not put this young man in prison. The young man is a hacker of the internet....

Letter to police for police report to insurance for my claims [ 2 Answers ]

I had an accident with my car while I was driving from my house to work. The other Driver admit his fault and we call the police to take the normal proceduer.After going through everything have now been ask by the police to write a letter to him asking a police report which I will used to ask for...

Why AsianMassage parlos near POlice station and police doesn't stop them? [ 2 Answers ]

I mean the ones where they provide sexual services. There is one right there close to sheriff station. They have a sign ssaying "MASSAGE" and it's easy to go there. But then I though police went after these kind of businesses. I even saw it on TV. I went insde just to investigate and I talked...

View more questions Search