Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2015, 06:30 PM
    Binge drinking
    I had a . 2 BAC by my calculations at 2AM Sat. My BAC would have been zero by 5PM Saturday on the longer end. My ETG test was 6pm Weds, 99 hours after zero BAC. What do you estimate my odds of passing are? It was one night of binge drinking, but I can tolerate a lot of alcohol when I do drink, maybe once weekly these days.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2015, 09:02 PM
    Is this your first test? Binge drinkers seldom pass many tests.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 26, 2015, 07:49 AM
    The tests are rated to 60-80 after consumption. The problem is, and this answer is well rehearsed because a lot of people will drink even though they've accepted legally binding contracts to stay sober, that is based upon the averages of the tests as they've been developed and might have precious little to do with you whatsoever. So heavy drinkers, i.e. weekly binge drinkers in your case, tend to have EtG/EtS in their system for longer then casual drinkers. There is also personal differences that are based upon your genetics and what you've trained your body to do. You could just be a massive metaboliser and as such will test positive a week after, or not.

There is also what you've done afterwards, i.e. drank a LOT of water, or done something else to try to cheat the test. That could cause a failure not for alcohol detection but for dilution and inability to give a conclusive result; which is usually defined as a failure.

What are your odds? Reasonable for a pass but wouldn't be surprised for a fail either. Regardless you should do one of two things:
    1) Put your affairs in order such that if you fail you won't have a lot of work to do when you fail. It's going to catch up to you eventually.
    2). Get help. AA or some other program to get yourself to a point where you don't need to or want to drink for the duration of your enforced sobriety.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG after binge drinking [ 1 Answers ]

After 5 days of significant drinking (4 to 12 drinks a day), ending on a sun night with 20+ drinks throughout the day until about midnight, then one beer the following Monday night around 6 o clock... what is a full proof amount of time that would need to go by in order to pass an EtG test?

Binge Drinking [ 5 Answers ]

About 7 years ago my husband started dealing with stress and/or depression by undergoing binge drinking episodes approx. twice a year. This usually consists of drinking himself to sleep and continuously sleeping for approx. 48-72 hours. He stops whenever he is completely out of alcohol and not a...

Binge drinking [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has promised a million times to stop drinking. He has been through therapy over the course of 15 years and knows what he needs to do but he continues to binge drink. He may stay sober for a year or 6 months or maybe two weeks when he gets completely wasted. 4th of July he totalled his...

Possible Solutions Of Binge Drinking [ 4 Answers ]

For Core P.E I Have to present and talk about binge drinking The only thing is I can't think of any ways that you could minimise the harm of binge drinking. You can't just say, take beer out of bars or out of shops there has to be a more detailed and realistic answer Problem is, I can't...

View more questions Search