Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dotty Mcnutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2015, 11:40 AM
    Dada/ blankie
    At what age should a child stop calling their dad Dada n there blanket blankie
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2015, 11:55 AM
    There's no rule for age. They are affectionate terms, so maybe never. My brother is 65 and we still call him "Bum-Bum" sometimes. (He was maybe three and wanted to be a bum so he could ride in boxcars all the time -- thus, he got that nickname,)

***ADDED*** When you refer to those things, say the word you want your child to use, "Father will be home soon, so let's wash up for dinner" and "Let me sew up that tear on your blanket." This is a tiny battle. As teacherjenn said, peer pressure may cause your child to stop using those terms. Meanwhile, choose your battles wisely!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 25, 2015, 11:58 AM
    It will change at some point, maybe when teased by a friend, or in the teenage years, or maybe never.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2015, 11:36 PM
    The parents should not use those terms, but allow the child to. They will change it, when they change. No need to stress out. (ok, if they are 32, living at home and still doing it, perhaps worry)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why was Dada created in Zurich? [ 1 Answers ]

Why was Dada created in Zurich? Since Dada is trying to show the horror of war during world war I but Zurich wasn't involved in the war.

Why my 3 year old is not speaking. Just says mama and dada, also milk? [ 4 Answers ]

Want to know why my 3 year old grandson isn't speaking. His Mom is considered a little slow by her parents, but she is a wonderful Mom. The second child is 11months and he is walking and verbalizing already. Daniel has very good comprehension, but his verbal skills are just not happening. He does...

View more questions Search