Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MM52 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2015, 08:36 AM
    How many ounces can you drink before showing up on EtG test
    Am on probation and subject to EtG alcohol and drug test at random... My question is how much alcohol can be drunk before showing up in your urine?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 24, 2015, 08:40 AM
    Seriously if you are considering this then you have a more serious problem.
    Follow the judgement and you'll be fine.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2015, 08:58 AM
    Probation means NO drinking or doing drugs. That's why the testing is random, unscheduled, so you don't cheat.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Jun 24, 2015, 04:23 PM
    When you are tested for EtG, your urine is NOT being tested for alcohol. Two totally different animals. EtOH disappears much more quickly than EtG.

"EtG, or ethylglucuronide, is a byproduct of ethanol (alcohol that one drinks) and glucuronide a common biological compound made in the liver that binds various toxins and drugs in the body that allows them to be excreted in the urine. When someone drinks, even relatively small amounts of alcohol, EtG is formed and can be detected in the urine."

As long as you don't consume any alcohol within 4 full days of a test, you should be in the clear.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2015, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck0rN0t View Post
    As long as you don't consume any alcohol within 4 full days of a test, you should be in the clear.
    But with random testing, the OP can't plan ahead with drinking.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Jun 24, 2015, 08:30 PM
    But with random testing, the OP can't plan ahead with drinking
    That was kind of exactly my point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG test 40 hours after last drink [ 9 Answers ]

I had 6 Coors Light Saturday evening, (starting at 4:30pm- ended about 8:45 pm) 2 before dinner, where I drank 10 oz of Pepsi. Then had 3 beers, a large glass of water, another beer, then more water and a 20 oz soda. Then just one at midnight. Drank plenty of water and gatorade Sunday and Monday....

If I drink this upcoming Friday, would I test positive on an ETG test on Monday? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really leaning towards just not drinking (which sucks considering it's the holidays), but I'm curious as to if I were to be randomly tested on Monday, and I drank on Friday, would I test positive on an ETG test? I don't want to violate my probation but I was told I would fail if I drank at all,...

ETG Test 1 drink 40 hours since the drink for testing [ 2 Answers ]

Dr Bill I had an ETG test Monday at 4:30pm due to a custody dispute I seldom drink but had one glass of wine Saturday at 7pm with a meal. I drink plenty of water, exercise and am healthy do you expect I will pass the test given it was only slightly over 40 hours since the drink? I had not had any...

ETG test if I drink? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently drinking right now, Im going to have 2 drinks max and end around 2:00AM. If I have a PO meeting on Monday at 4PM, with the possibility of an ETG test, will I pass it? My probation condition is no alcohol. What can I do to increase my chances of passing?

EtG test (80 hour Alcohol test) - Drink Friday will it be there on Tuesday/Wednesday? [ 21 Answers ]

I drank a few pitchers and a couple shots on Friday. I will either have to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is a must, but I could get called for random on Tuesday!? :confused: :eek:

View more questions Search