Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dchandle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2015, 10:48 AM
    Briggs and stratton v twin valve problems
    How do you repair sticky valves in a Briggs and Stratton v twin engine?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 26, 2015, 04:34 PM
    Hi,
    Never heard of sticky valves in in of these engines. Not to say it cannot exist, and if it does it is likely from stale fuel.
    That said I would get a good penetrant, remove the rocker arm cover and spray it on the valve stems while alternately rotating the flywheel clockwise do different valve opening points.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2015, 07:09 PM
    I agree with Crigby , the ones I see sticking in valve guides is usually cause from engine running hot. Two things cause this , head fins clogged not allowing ,air flow to cool . Or running high octane fuel in a air cooled engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs and stratton v twin valve problems [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 22hp briggs v twin engine in my mower. My wife was mowing with it and it was running fine. She shut it down and then got back on it 20 min later and it had no power and was blower back through the carburator. I pulled the valve cover on the cylinder that was having problems and found two...

26HP twin "V" overhead valve Briggs and stratton nightmare! [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, this is going to be a long post/question, but necessary for everybody to get the whole picture. I purchased 3 (non working) identical 26HP briggs engines. The idea was to get them running, and sell 2 of them, getting the 3rd one free. They are intek 446777 overhead valve engines. I...

Where are valve adjustment 18.5hp twin 2 briggs & stratton [ 1 Answers ]

Don't know where valvesare or how to get to them

Briggs stratton 16 hp twin cylinder problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a briggs 16 hp twin I/c model 422707 type 121401 code 9404165b. Engine starts good. But while running about 1/john2 to 3/4 throttle it revs and goes back to idle . Its searching up and down. Anybody got an answer thanks john

View more questions Search