Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cincylyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2015, 08:54 AM
    I have a toilet that flushes completely but in the process produces a large bubble I?
    Toilet issue

Toilet will flush completely, but in process of flushing there is a very large bubble that occurs and splashes on the seat. We have snaked the toilet, we have cleaned the stack, we have replaced the tank guts. Also note, thus toilet is about 9 yrs old, the master bath is right behind it and uses same stack. No issue with any other toilets or sinks. Any ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 26, 2015, 06:28 PM
    I can't be specific, but bubbles are caused by the discharge hitting an obstruction and bouncing back sending a bubble of air ahead of it. Have you had any work done lately? Has the toilet been pulled and augered from the hole? If not you might try that. Good luck Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When we flush the upstairs toilet it causes a large bubble in the downstairs Bathro [ 1 Answers ]

When we flush the upstairs towlet it causes a large bubble in the bathroom downstairs

Toilet flushes completely every 5 flushes [ 0 Answers ]

My toilet only does full complete flushes about every 5-7 flushes. My other toilet on the same floor is fine and the one in the basement works perfect also.

What causes of large bubble when toilet flushed [ 2 Answers ]

When I flush my upstairs toilet, which is located directly behind the other toilet (which is an identical toilet & works fine), separated only by wall, a large bubble of air erupts from the drain hole of the toilet and then the toilet proceeds to flush very poorly. I have tried dumping a 5 gallon...

When Neighbor flushes his toilet, mine flushes too [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a two level condo. When my neighbor who lives behind me flushes his or her toilet, my toilet on the first level flushes as well. It's not a full flush, but when I take the lid off the tank, the refill valve is open and water seems to flow from the tank into the toilet. I'm not sure why...

Large bubble in toilet when we flush [ 2 Answers ]

We have just recently moved into a 1400 sq ft apartment in Raleigh North Carolina. Both toilets started giving us trouble right away. They would flush paper OK but not poo and both toilets bubbled, something we have never seen before. We called the apartment office and maintenance has been in to...

View more questions Search