Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newage2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2015, 02:04 AM
    Need firmware for HL Data Storage DVD writer
    Hello!
    I've got a HL Data Storage DVD writer CH15F. From what I understood it is a Hitachi-LG joint venture. However I can't find any support page with info or firmware. Please help me find the firmware for this device.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Apr 2, 2016, 08:14 AM
    Try searching the hardware ID. Go to Device Manager and drop down the DVD/CD-ROM drives list and right click and select properties for the drive. Then go to the details tab and change the properties selection drop down to Hardware Ids. This should give you some better information to search as well as listing the present firmware version of your drive. In my case even though my drive is a Samsung it's listed as "TSST corp_CDDVDW_SH-222A_____SA00. The SA00 is the firmware version. A word to the wise. It can be very tricky finding the right firmware, and if you flash the wrong stuff you can end up with a useless drive. It might be safer to pull the drive and collect information from the tag including model and serial number and any info you think might be useful. Then contact the manufacturer for help. Be very careful about any instructions supplied to flash the drive. Most of today's drives are flashed using an executive (exe) file. It used to be done through the floppy A drive back in the day where it was possible to make a backup on the floppy before you flashed so you could always get back to what you had if something went wrong. It's almost safer to just buy a newer drive (20 to 35 dollars) and use your old drive as a secondary or save it as a backup for use later. Make sure if you decide to flash the drive that there is no disk in the tray when you run it. Are you brave?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,CD not reading [ 8 Answers ]

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when I insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.I need to solve this problem

I have Asus external CD writer and I want to change to DVD Writer [ 2 Answers ]

I have Asus external CD writer and I want to change to DVD Writer, I don't know how to dismantle the external drive

Use CD Writer as DVD Readr/Writer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to find the way to use a CD writer as a DVD Writer.

My dvd writer is only reading dvd,s not cd [ 2 Answers ]

My dvd writer is only reading dvd,s not cd

View more questions Search