Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bilalahmed17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2015, 07:37 PM
    Spouse
    Salaam,
    I have been married for 18 years. Over the years I have committed adultery. In the last 3 years I found myself drinking and using drugs. When my wife found this out she chucked me out the house and wanted me to go Makkah and purify myself. I have done this and I am fighting my addiction. The road to cleaning up is a long hard battle, which I'm prepared for and am sticking to not giving as I have not failed on anything to date. I know the sins I have committed and I am repenting. I am back home and trying to fix my relationship with my wife and 2 kids. I know I have a lot of making up to do. However I am finding myself constantly arguing with the wife as far as she is concerned I can not do not anything right. Also she is not intimate with me. Ido not know what to do. Please advise.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2015, 04:03 AM
    As hard a journey as your recovery is, it's harder on your wife and children, and they need as much help and guidance and support as you do, if not MORE! Stop arguing, and get them that help and guidance, and support, as you cannot.

Don't be so surprised they are critical, and not follow your example and are skeptical you have properly addressed your issue. I hope you understand the level of hurt you have caused and find a better way than arguing to help them heal.

Good luck
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 22, 2015, 01:07 PM
    Your actions hurt and messed up your marriage. You are on the road to recovery and so is she.
    Stop arguing with her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Is a step-parent liable for spouse's child support if spouse does not work? [ 3 Answers ]

As a step-parent, am I liable for paying child support on behalf of my spouse if my spouse does not generate income? I did not adopt her children, and just because I married her doesn't mean I should be obligated to pay her ex, or does it?

How does abused spouse still married due to health and lack of income leave spouse? [ 1 Answers ]

After counseling, police victim advocate and social workers, everyone says leave, but due to no recent physical abuse (tons of verbal, neglect, antagonistic mentally cruel treatment daily), and due to his income being included though we've lived separately for 2.5 years. I cannot qualify for...

In Oregon is the surving spouse responsible for the dead spouse's medical debt? [ 5 Answers ]

My spouse was pronounced dead at our home. The EMT's did CPR but were unable to revive my spouse. Now I am being told that I am responsible for the bill and I am being told I am also responsible for 2 medical incurred prior to death. Medicare has already paid their portion of these bills. There...

Submitting spouse W7, should spouse SSN in 1040 left blank? [ 2 Answers ]

I am submitting W7 form for my wife with my 1040 and 1040 Schedule A (itemized deductions) forms. What should I put for spouse SSN in 1040 form? Should I just write "ITIN TO BE REQUESTED" for spouse SSN? Also, on second page of 1040 I see I have my SSN on top right corner of the page, but...

View more questions Search