Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmsb1955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2015, 02:47 PM
    Remove My Step Daughter from My Property in Alabama
    Background Info: My step daughter lives in a mobile home with my mother in law. The mobile home is on my property. The mobile home is in my name. My father and mother law moved on my property, so my wife and I could help them out due to their age. My step daughter started having hard times and could not pay her bills. My in laws invited her and her children to move in with her until she could get back on her feet. I agreed to this. My father in law died several months latter, and now my mother in law wants my step daughter to live and take care of her. My step daughter was only to live there until she got a job, and then move out. This was the original plan. Now my mother in law wants to pay her to live with here. I do not want my step daughter living with my mother in law. Once again this was not the original plan. How do I remove her from my property?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2015, 04:47 PM
    From what I gather, she has been living there for quite a while. I'm going to guess long enough to call it her residence (even if in your name). Therefore, you will have to formally evict her in court. Have you talked to her about moving out? Why are you wanting her to move if the mother in law wants her to stay? Just because it wasn't the original plan or are there problems with her living there? I'm going to guess again that you didn't but did you have anything in writing when she moved in as to how long she was able to stay?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2015, 08:00 PM
    Where is the home located, state and city please
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2015, 07:55 AM
    This is a tough one because, essentially, your mother-in-law is your tenant. And she can have anyone live with her that she wants.

Why do you want your step-daughter out.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 21, 2015, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Where is the home located, state and city please
    Alabama.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do step son can claim on step mother property [ 3 Answers ]

My mother is 2nd wife of my father. We are 2 sons. 1st wife had 1 son. My mother have property in her name and also we reside is in my mothers name. My father have another property also ( Mumbai and Gujarat). Whether my step brother claim on my mothers property? What are his rights? If my mother...

I live in Alabama and I'm being evicted, what happens to my personal property? [ 5 Answers ]

Due to loss of job, I've gotten severely behind on house payments. The mortgage company has foreclosed and is issuing an eviction notice. I have a lot of personal property possession in the yard and no way to move them. How long do I have to get my stuff? And what happens to it if I don't get it in...

In the state of Alabama, how will filing Chapter 7 affect someone else's property? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I have a combined credit card debt of around $28,000 after interest and late fees from several different cards. We have a house that we purchased year before last but have been unable to pay on since my both my husband and I lost our jobs at the end of last year. We left the house...

Transferring Property Title - Alabama [ 1 Answers ]

My elderly parents own a home in Alabama. They would like to transfer the property title out of their name into a trust account. My dad wants to do this. How can I help my parents with this?

View more questions Search