Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foxkng30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2015, 01:15 PM
    Patching above ground pools that are full
    My client has an above ground pool that is full but is leaking in the bottom some where is there any thing I can use to patch it up that doesn't require me to purge the water ?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 20, 2015, 05:58 PM
    There are some underwater patches designed for just that. The trick is finding the leak. Pool stores advertise leak locating dye that pinpoints the hole. One would think snorkeling gear would be needed to apply the patch.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2015, 07:54 PM
    Leaks most frequently appear to be at the bottom but the leak could be just an inch below the water line. Once the water gets behind the liner it then makes its way down to the ground. Start by inspecting the obvious wall penetrations like the skimmer or the return. How much is it leaking, like an inch a day or what?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2015, 08:12 PM
    American Leak Detection specializes in that type of work. My son works for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground Pools [ 0 Answers ]

Instructions for 18x32 oval Muskin above ground Pool

Ask above ground pools [ 0 Answers ]

I had to purchase a new Waterway hiflo 1.5 hp motor / pump with 7 valve diverter using sand for filter media. Changing over to sand this year for a filter media cost me dearly. (Thanks pool supply experts) The 7 way valve started discharging water while on the filter setting and drained water...

Above ground pools [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best above ground pool liner, overlap or beaded?

Above ground pools [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a patch for above ground pools that are full? The hole is very small down towards the bottom.

Heaters for above ground pools [ 2 Answers ]

About how many degrees can I expect a heater to bring up the temperature in my above ground pool? And how easy is it to maintain that temperature once it is established?

View more questions Search