Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyredhawk57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2015, 12:54 PM
    Tiny Black Bugs
    Hi maybe someone can help me... I am just getting over double pneumonia and come to find out we have bed bugs... we have that under control. I just went through cancer treatment so all of these chemicals have been so bad for me. Now we ripped out the bedroom carpet just to be sure no bed bugs were in it, it was the old style longer shag with loops. SOOOO now we were getting bite by the most tiny black bug I have ever seen under a magnifying glass I can see it looks like a beetle shell. I have been told they are carpet mites! I search the bed I have the legs of our bed in Diatomaceous Earth and I find a few and low and behold me get bite at night. Can anyone help me please??
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 20, 2015, 05:51 PM
    Carpet mites, or dust mites as they're more often called, are microscopic or nearly so. They also do not bite; the irritation from dust mites is an allergy.

I would suspect that the tiny black bugs are bedbug nymphs. Bedbugs hatch from their eggs looking just like adults, only smaller and not as flat. If you can catch some of the black bugs on a piece of clear tape you can have them definitely identified under a microscope.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny black bugs [ 6 Answers ]

We have tiny black bugs coming from the bottom of the baseboard in our family room. My first thought was they were ants but a closer look, they aren't. We spray with bug spray every day & at least 20 come out dead everyday.

Very tiny black bugs [ 3 Answers ]

I see them on my tiles carpets and every where.. what are they?

Tiny Black Bugs... Help [ 3 Answers ]

I started getting bites on my arms , legs, thighs, arms ,and back when I wake up in the morning.. I went to the doctor and they said they are bug bites and I am having a reaction and that I need to find out what kind of bug it is. It starts with a little pain then itches. I noticed today a very...

View more questions Search