Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Full time student with Full time housewife
    Hi,
    Hope someone can help.
    I am going to professional school. My wife and I have three children and are living completely off student loans. We had no income in 2006 that had a W2 attached to it. That is, the only income we made was off eBay and odd end jobs throughout the year.
    Do I need to file taxes for 2006?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2007, 09:33 PM
    The following site answers questions concerning federal tax returns.

Do You Need to File a Federal Income Tax Return?

If you made more than $400.00 from Ebay and the odd end jobs, then you will need to file a federal tax return.

There are also other guidelines on the site above.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Agree, unless you are a F-1 visa holder. If so, then you are NOT liable for self-employment taxes and your threshold for filing is $3,300, not $400.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my wife to go to work full time? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having difficulty getting my wife to go to work full time to get us back on our financial feet again . When I bring up the topic it gets to where she is always on the defensive. All of our children are grown and she works part time 2 days a week by her choice. It started as 3 days but she told...

Full-Time Resident of Georgia? [ 1 Answers ]

Forgot to mention this before I sent out my email concerning residency. We moved to TN in May,2006 but did not sell our house in Georgia until September 2006. My son is a full-time student in Georgia and resides there, but is still listed as a dependent on our taxes (he does not work). How do we...

Part Time Versus Full Time [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the line for part time employment versus full time employment in Georgia. I can't find it anywhere!

Full Time Resident [ 1 Answers ]

I am a full time resident of one state. I went to visit a friend in another state and help him out as he was starting up a new business and needed some help, all the while maintaining my residence in my state, and while there did some nanny work for which I received a W2 with that states taxes...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search