Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thelma Demers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2015, 05:31 AM
    Shut off
    I broke the plastic handle of toilet shut off. Can I fix it or do I need a plumber?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 17, 2015, 08:32 AM
    Go to Home Depot, buy new valve with plastic handle. Take Phillips screwdriver, unscrew the handle and install it on the old valve. Easy to do. No need to call plumber

Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 20, 2015, 09:39 AM
    I completely agree with Milo's answer. A simple and easy repair.
    Just remember that the nut has a left handed thread.
    Good luck,
    Tom
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2015, 11:26 AM
    Yep I agree with both experts, Thanks.

John
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2015, 01:13 PM
    Agreed but I'd look for a non-plastic replacement. Can you tell us why you were turning the handle?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to shut the main to fix a washer in the bathroom sink? The shut off valve [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot shut the hot water valve in bathroom sink and I need to replace the washer it is dripping. Do I have to shut the main?

Furnace won't shut off/blower won't shut off? [ 0 Answers ]

We have a gas furnace that is acting up. When you turn it on, the heat just keeps running. If I flip the switch on the thermostat to off, the heat turns off, but the fan stays on until I shut the system off entirely. We replaced the thermostat earlier this year because the a/c was doing the same...

How do I repair my shut off nozzle it broke at the neck of the shut off connector? [ 1 Answers ]

I was replacing my washer with a new one. While trying to disconnect the water hose it broke at the neck . Which was a PVC pipe I had to find something to clog the pipe to stop the water from going every where.

My delta univcersal trim kit doesn't,t shut off ,how do I install it to shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a delta universal trim kit#10003/10004and the knob will not shut off the water. Is there a way that I have to position the guts inside the wall?

View more questions Search