Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 15, 2015, 05:25 PM
    Air Condition Close down Vents
    I have an overhead Air Condition Unit, it has 11 vents and I would like to close down 2 vents. Also cut down the air from 3 others. Will this hurt the system?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 15, 2015, 05:44 PM
    Can you supply a brand and model number? It should be OK but I'd like to research it further
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 16, 2015, 05:48 AM
    All I know is it is a Carrier Unit and about 20 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have cental air and heat. Turned thermostat off but air blowing out of vents [ 2 Answers ]

Had to shut off breaker to stop air from coming out of vents

In the winter should you open or close basement vents? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a finished basement spend littletime down there. If I open the vents it seems to get very warm down there, like all the heat is going there. If I close the vents it's freezing down there. I have a 2 yr. Old 95 Goodman furnace

Cabbage smell from gas furnace vents and cold air vents. [ 1 Answers ]

ITs horrible... I really think its making me ill... had a guy check the furnace about 4 yrs ago... its a Carrier high efficiency. I was told it could be the heat exchanger but I don't read anything that says it has this putrid smell. Its like a sewer smell. I need help... I really think I have...

Furnace has Steady Red Light and is blowing air. No Air coming through vents though. [ 1 Answers ]

I verified the switch to operate the heating was on heat. And on. And when the switch on the furnace is held down it blows air but doesn't push air through the vents?

Home air conditioning unit is running no air blowing from vents [ 5 Answers ]

My a/c unit runs but, no air coming through vents the temp in house stays the same. I looked at it on the roof and water is heavily dripping from it. The unit is off now

View more questions Search