Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happytogether Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2015, 02:44 PM
    How do I treat seborrheic dermatitis?
    I have this condition: Seborrheic dermatitis. It's this condition of dandruff in different places. And I have it behind my ear, it's awful. My hair get's encrusted into that area and it gets dry and gross and I can't stand it anymore. How do I treat this??
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2015, 06:16 PM
    See a dermatologist for appropriate treatment options.
    lmr12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2015, 09:29 AM
    Yes if you see a dermatologist they will give you lots of medicated shampoos that will COVER up the problem temporarily-- I would not recommend that-- what I do is take a probiotic Pill every day-- sometimes twice a day-- anything you can do to promote healthy bacteria in your body is a direct reflection and help to your skin issues. Doctors are good and have their place but giving pills, or medications, injections --- are only band-aids-- start by working on things from the inside... and yes- sometimes it is just part of who you are- dna, things you get from family, or stress or being anxious person. Best way to deal with it is improve bacteria in your body which directly affects the health of your skin.

The word I was looking for was "suppress"... if you start using medicated shampoos or take oral antibiotics- then you will doing yourself more harm than good.

Try probiotics- eat more yogurt-- don't use shampoos/conditions from CVS or Targe- they are the worst for any kind of skin issues or sensitivity. Use shampoos that are a big more costly and made with better products - you are worth it. So is your skin.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 17, 2015, 11:54 AM
    Much as I hate antibiotics being thrown at every condition, a regular store bought antibacterial hand soap used as shampoo might do wonders. It did for me, also around my ears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stasis-dermatitis [ 0 Answers ]

I have a dear friend who is suffering. She has been for several weeks. A doctor said it was cellulitis. Creams and antibiotics give no relief. She went to her dermatologist and she told her it was "stasis--dermatitis". I looked for the definition online, and it appears to me she needs to see a...

My best friend doesn't treat me like I treat her; how do I confront her? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear listener, This morning, my best friend woke me up with a call. She literally told me to meet her at her school without asking if I felt better (I have the flu; she could easily tell with my changed voice). Curiously, I asked why she wanted me to come; she said "i really need my debit card, im...

Seborrheic Dermatitis [ 1 Answers ]

I have seborrheic dermatitis and was wondering if anyone knew the root cause of this? I was reading that human sweat could potentially be a major player in causing this disease. Just the other day I was jogging on the treadmill and began to sweat(something I've avoided for quite sometime because...

View more questions Search