Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happytogether Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2015, 02:29 PM
    How does donating my organs work?
    Hi, so I was watching a documentary about organ donation and It inspired me to want to donate myself. How does it work? When and how do I donate? Also, I'm just a kid so if I die a premature death will my organs go to someone else my age?

Thank you to those who are willing to answer my question, I really appreciate it. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 15, 2015, 03:06 PM
    If you die young your parents will decide if your organs are donated.

When you are an adult it will be your choice.

Organs go go to when needs them most. It will depend on what organs can be donated as to who they go to. Some organs of children can be donated to adults and visa versa.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 15, 2015, 03:37 PM
    There is a nationwide database (in the US at least) that manages the list of people needing organs and ranks who's need is greatest. When an organ becomes available, it will go to the best viable candidate on the list. There are several factors that go into determining the best candidate.

You can donate certain body parts while still alive, a kidney, part of a liver, bone marrow, etc. But most organs are donated after death and the viability of those organs need to be evaluated. People who die of a drug overdone, might not be viable candidates. People who die in an accident, might be too damaged to have viable organs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reproductive organs [ 1 Answers ]

A few hours after intercourse I had a burning sensation and a runny yellowy discharge my vagina is red and painful to pass urine please help

Organs transplantation [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best animal for human organ replacement ?

Sensory Organs [ 1 Answers ]

I have been contemplating this question for quite some time now. When we think of an "alien," we automatically picture little green men with big eyes and long fingers and slits for a nose. This is a classic example of iconoclasm. Evolution of all life on Earth has been affected by all of earth's...

Human organs [ 2 Answers ]

How many veins are there in the human body I'm very confused

View more questions Search