Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SpongeBobSP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2015, 07:34 AM
    HVAC AC Issues
    OK, so my air is not working and I need help troubleshooting.

Thermostat I set to COOL, AUTO (fan) and set 10 degrees below inside temp.

The fan on the furnace kicks in and runs just fine, however the air conditioner unit outside does nothing.

I have checked the breaker and even reset it, nothing.

I did a check on the fuses on the outside box by the air unit, and they check for continuity, so I am pretty sure they are fine. Still nothing.

I emptied the Little Giant VCMA-15ULS 554405 VCMA Series Automatic Condensate Removal Pump as it was a little skanky and quiet full (not overfull, but up there), and still nothing.

Now There is a pvc pipe, 1/2" that goes from the pump to a black box with markings 828108/11 on it. The PVC is broke and I put it back the best I could, but it is not at all tight or fitting properly. I cannot find anything on this box to get a replacement ordered and have no idea what it is even called. The PVC comes off the pump and goes into this and the top of the black box has two soft tubes that are clamped on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Jun 15, 2015, 08:38 AM
    We need a pic of the black box.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jun 15, 2015, 10:21 PM
    An automatic condensate pump has 2 flow ( water level) switches; one to control the pump and the other control ( on/ off) of the cooling function. Make sure both flows are down. Did you try to jump out the switches ? DONOT try if you have not work with electricity before .
    SpongeBobSP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2015, 12:29 PM
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...092729_038.jpg

Name:  IMG_20150615_092729_038.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  718.3 KB
    Sorry, my text was deleted when I posted, or I had multiple windows open. Anyhow, above is a pic of the box. It is mounted to the furnace and the white pvc goes to the pump.

I tried other TIDS, connecting the red, green and yellow together on the thermostat and the results were the same. Furnace blower kicks in, but no the condenser outside. I can manually push in the button on what I learned is the contactor nd the outside unti works great, until I release it and it shuts off.

Thanks for the help guys.
    skipper1080 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2015, 02:33 AM
    You need to measure the low voltage wires on the side of contactor outside. Should be 24 volts when calling for cooling. You can get a cheap meter at radio shack. If you are not famiar with electricity shut off the outside disconnect or breaker feeding the outside condenser. The 24 volts a/c should be there if calling from thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend trust issues and my own issues. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My girlfriend and I have been dating for nearly a year and she still has some major trust issues and I will admit I still have a very minor lying problem that I admitted to my girlfriend when we first started dating. Not exactly the best combo, but we wanted to date regardless. So as...

HVAC issues in triplex [ 7 Answers ]

I own a very old home that was converted into a triplex during the housing shortage in the 40's. At some point a central heat/air conditioning unit was installed which services the entire home, and where both cold air return ducts are located in only one of the units (the larger side that I...

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

View more questions Search