Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nickrphg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2015, 11:31 AM
    Your Help is Requested
    I am a 6'6, ~190 lb male who exercises regularly.

Last night, I had 2 small glasses of red wine that were maybe 3-5 ounces each, and just a taste of tequila (just enough to have a taste, nowhere near an ounce). This was my first time consuming alcohol in over 4 months. I had the first glass of wine at around 8:30 pm last night, and had the last drop of alcohol around 11 pm or so.

Based on this information, what are the chances that I pass an EtG urine test today if I take the test at 6:30 pm? Given I have been drinking water steadily.

Also, what are the chances/detection times for this amount of alcohol in regards to me passing an EtG tomorrow or Monday?

Thank you in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2015, 04:58 PM
    Given you have been drinking water steady, you may well fail for a diluted sample, alerting them that you are hiding a problem that they may think more serious.

Was it almost a ounce or was it a taste ? Big difference of wetting your tongue and taking a drink.

The issue will be what is their acceptable cut off point, there is a chance of failure. But if all your story is near the correct amounts the chance of passing is high.

I wlil address the addiction issue. After 4 months you know this is how it starts back. One slip, and you pass the test, then you will do a larger amount 3 days before, and so on. After 4 months, now you start at day one again,
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Jun 13, 2015, 10:55 PM
    So, 19 1/2 hours after consuming two (small) glasses of wine & a sip of tequila... I would be highly concerned about passing an EtG test less than 20 hours later. 5 oz. is actually considered a "normal" serving size of wine in most cases (or 14 grams of "pure" alcohol). Two 3 oz. glasses vs. two 5 oz. glasses is a large difference in this case, especially when adding the sip of hard alcohol.

Add another 24 hours (Sunday night) and your chances of passing would increase significantly and another 24 hours (Monday night), I imagine would put you "in the clear" from a testing standpoint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting journal entry received utility bill, the bill was not paid? [ 1 Answers ]

November 30: Received the utility bill for November, $350. The bill was not paid

Filed bankruptcy in 2005,bill included but was garnished in 2009 pd bill in full [ 5 Answers ]

I had a vehicle that was repossed in 2004-2005. The vehicle was sold in their auction, leaving a balance(amount unknown). I received a letter in 2005 stating I owe $4999 plus 25% per annum. My employer received a wage levy for this same bill stating I owe $9366.00. My wages were garnished and...

Your opinion is requested. [ 8 Answers ]

If 2 people are going through somewhat Mid Life crisis together and they have their own issues, Do you think they will be strong enough to end up with one another when things are resolved? My boyfriend and I both agree that the other makes us the happiest we have ever been in our life. We both...

Feedback requested [ 1 Answers ]

Need some feedback on how to plan for A+ cert exam.

View more questions Search