Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelle_ann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2015, 06:57 PM
    Hipaa
    I worked in a lab co worker stated she was pregnant. Went for office visit did not want me to do blood work, we don't like each other. Went to work next day and said to other co workers that I don't know why so and so would not let me draw her blood. Co worker already know of appointment she was talking about it at work. Is this a Hipaa violation?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 12, 2015, 07:26 PM
    Yes, this could be a HIPAA violation. She did not want you to draw her blood because the two of you don't get along. You should have kept that to yourself, but you chose not to.

That at is no one's business but your own considering you were to provide her care. If she chose to reveal this fact it would not be a violation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2015, 02:11 AM
    If she is getting medical treatment at your office, you can not discuss it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2015, 03:39 AM
    If you were providing medical care, then you have no business discussing anything to do with that care with anyone else without permission of the patient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hipaa or not? [ 1 Answers ]

My father is in Hospice, the Caregiver assigned to him constantly eavesdrops on my personal conversations, which have nothing to do with my fathers care, she then takes it upon herself to share this information with my siblings, friends and even her FB! I realize I'm tnot he patient but isn't this...

Hipaa... [ 1 Answers ]

If a company was found guilty of a hipaa violation can the person who's rights were violated still presue legal action? Just a quick question.

Hipaa [ 2 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage last week. The hospital registration person called my mother and father and told them she was calling from pre-op and needed to speak to me right away about my "procedure" the next day. It was no real emergency, just the regular pre-op stuff. I did not plan to tell anyone I was...

Hipaa [ 18 Answers ]

Can a manager pull employee patient chart research the chart call the pharmacy using my date of birth and name getting list of my medications that I take and share this information with other co-workers with my patient chart in view for the other co-workers to see, can she take employee personnel...

Hipaa [ 2 Answers ]

My Husband was referred to a Nurologist from a stand in dr to test for nerves all test came back normal but she wanted him to get a second opion. In the mean time he had to go to the Company dr for a DOT physical which he past all of his exam but the dr. informed him in his records to the...

View more questions Search