Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Apr 10, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Best way to attract.
    Ok so the other night I met this basically unattainable girl who can probably get any man in the world. I know that is selling myself short and it won't stop me for trying, I just wonder how do you attract someone like that.

We met the other night and had a great conversation and I am moving in the next few weeks to the same area where she lives currently. She told me to look her up but I decided to not ask for her number as I figured every guy would do that in this situation.

She will be very well known in that area very soon so it isn't like she can't be found. I am sure I will run across her at some point whether at the bars or out and about. What would be your next steps to have a chance with a girl like this. Thanks and any input would be truly helpful.

Scott
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Apr 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Being a woman I can say... I would rather prefer a guy asking for my number and try to get to know me... has to be a gradual process... never rushing into things.. don't look desperate... u'll never be able to get her around then... got it?
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Apr 10, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Maybe you should try to stand out from other guys. If you can figure out something that would make you stand out, of course. Still, you don't have to try extremely hard and go out of your way...

But maybe she's not as "unattainable" as you think...
    Barrabas Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Apr 10, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Put it this way:

Imagine yourself standing on the street across a very beautiful lawn, feeling so attracted to it and wanting so much to be there... you then placed a fence in front of you and said, "i don't think i could go there."
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Apr 11, 2007, 01:04 AM
    <<She told me to look her up but I decided to not ask for her number as I figured every guy would do that in this situation.
    >>

That's where a lot of guys go wrong.
    Most guys will hang around these kind of girl but will not be direct.
    Be direct, look her up and ask her out.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 11, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohitter410
    She told me to look her up ...
    See, I think she want's to know if you're interested - if you can be bothered to track her down or not. Just by looking for her number you're giving her an idea that you at least like her.

As others have said in this thread, just be natural, if the conversation was good carry on along that road, just don't act too desperate or you'll scare her away!

J
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Apr 11, 2007, 02:48 AM
    With my ex he did that appraoch, he got my number from a common friend and rang me and asked me out.
    I thought it was fantastic! Instead of being afraid to ask me out he went to great troubles to find my number and call me.

Girls like that kind of stuff! And not the guys who play hard to get hoping to get a reaction.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 07:04 AM
    I'd of asked for her number and looked her up.
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Apr 11, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Thanks everyone... it wasn't like I was afraid to talk to her or not

I guess it is hard because to be honest this girl is now famous and I will definitely look her up and be direct..

But I do have a leg up now as if I do look her up or run into her in the new city I will have some sort of advantage as long as the words out of my mouth keep her interested.
    Lovely33 Posts: 76, Reputation: 12

Jun 4, 2011, 12:00 AM
    I would say to first work on your confidence. You start automatically saying 'unnattainable'. However, none of us girls are really unattainable. Coming from someone like myself, who builds walls to protect- its all an act. At the end of the day we want you to make the move-but be a gentleman and NOT, NOT,NOT creepy about it. You should get her number and see what happens.
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Jun 4, 2011, 12:11 AM

Nice post.. but this was originally posted in 07'.

Hoping the OP has moved on somewhat from here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search