Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topher Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 11, 2015, 12:00 PM
    What amazing things have you done at your current job
    I've been asked that question on a couple of interviews recently, and I've found my self kind of dumbfounded as to how to reply. I went to school for computer drafting and design, and got an entry level job about a year after graduation. Well it's been five years and I'm doing the same "assembly line drawings" (they give me the dimensions, and material, I take a pre-drawn drawing input the different info and send it out) So I decided it's time for something different. At some of the past interviews that I've had I get cornered with the question asking about any major projects that I've worked on, or any great accomplishments that I've achieved, anything that I've done that helped push the company forward. How do I answer a question like that honestly with out giving the impression that I can't give anything to company?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 11, 2015, 12:48 PM
    You don't answer honestly, at least, not brutally honest. Job interviews require selling yourself big time. It's OK to say that your first job was assembly line and low level, but then you have to enthusiastically go on about your hopes to add to the company, and of course you have studied what they do so that you can have some ideas. Even if it's baloney.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2015, 01:07 PM
    It's a trick question to identify if you do as you are told and no more, or are you always thinking of ways to make changes to the standard that helps the company. This is what separates the ordinary worker from the bold idea innovative one,and loves it. Put simply a stand out from the rest.

So think, what makes you stand out from the rest of the people you work with?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to know my future in current job [ 1 Answers ]

HI please help me...

Interviewing for a management position at my current job [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, So, I have an interview tomorrow morning for a supervisor position at work. I'm a caregiver, and I'd be supervising 4 other people. I've been employed with this company for 4 months, but as a caregiver for 2 years. Can people help me prepare for the interview? I've never...

Does a potential new job have to call my current one? [ 2 Answers ]

I am unhappy at my current job and I think I want to start looking into another firm or even a different field altogether. My question is, if I fill out applications or go on interviews and specify that I am still working at my latest job, will they call and confirm employment or ask questions....

How can I chang my job from current organisation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a Graduate Engineer and I am working in a private co. as system/network administrator. I have done CCNA and I am working on SCO UNIX and LINUX Platform .for the last 10 years I am working in the same organisation . Now I want change my job . I am planning to do Redhat Linux cource ( RHCE)...

View more questions Search