Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Didi92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2015, 02:48 PM
    I want to be adopted
    How do I go about adult adoption when one is in their 20's and has no family? What requirements/rules should be considered during the adoption process?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2015, 03:07 PM
    Are your parents okay with this? How old are you?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 10, 2015, 05:02 PM
    Adoption doesn't work that way. You can't register with an adoption agency. You are placed with an agency when and if you become an orphan or your parents abandon you,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2015, 05:10 PM
    I'm sorry you feel this way. However, adoption doesn't work that way. It's not your choice, but a choice your parents or children's services make.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 10, 2015, 06:02 PM
    It depends on the country. In Japan, young men are often adopted even after they are adult, when a family with a business doesn't have a son to take over the business.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 10, 2015, 11:00 PM
    If you are a young person, in 20's, you find someone that wants to adopt you.
    There is no agency that I know of. Normally this would be a family you know well, or a person with a close relationship. And they would adopt you.

The area of the world, where you live. Has to allow it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be adopted!! [ 3 Answers ]

I hate my mom.she has no time for me!! Always working... And when I ask her for money she's always saying how she just paid something and aimt got any. She gets all this bfs that don't even learn my name! My brother get all the attention. He gets bad grades no big deal. He does something bad no big...

Am I adopted? [ 3 Answers ]

I look nothing like anyone in my family and have completely different hobbies, talents, and intersts. I also have never seen my birth certificate.

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

I want to get adopted [ 9 Answers ]

My mother died when I was4. I'm 14 now. And my father didn't care enough to look after me incidentaly he ran of when he heard about me. So, I live with my grandmother. Its hard living with her. The generation gap raises its ugly head all the time and there is lack of communication. I'm allowed to...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

View more questions Search