Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junaidp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2015, 01:07 AM
    How to make logging impossible
    I have this question ,
    My user is taking a leave for few days , and as an administrator I want to make logging impossible without affecting all file systems

What's the best choice:
    1)Add * to his encrypted password
    2)Delete the user from the /etc/password file
    3)remove the users encrypted password
    4)rename hi username to root
    5)set his juserId to -1
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jun 11, 2015, 07:04 AM
    Is this a domain login? Or a single machine? What operating system?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2015, 07:26 AM
    As an administrator your question doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Do you mean you want to disable the ability to login under that ID? If so we need to know what OS the network users. But if it's a Windows based network you can use Active Directory to disable the account for a period of time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help logging in [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I try to log into my account it won't take me. I reset my password and still nothing. All I want to do is print myself a copy of my tax return.

It's impossible to make her horny [ 19 Answers ]

So I've been with my girlfriend now for more than a year and a half and we're doing great despite a little trouble last summer. More recently I have been reading up on how to give her an amazing orgasm, and I understand it only has 20% to do with me actually touching her. But since I've...

Logging on [ 12 Answers ]

Every time I start my computer a window appears for me to log on. I don't need any longer to put in a password - it just tells me to push ctrl=alt=delete and after that the window disappears and then comes back again and by clicking on it a second time I am logged on. But why do I have to go...

View more questions Search