Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdon918 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2015, 02:39 AM
    Is there a easy way to get or install speech to text that is free ?
    All I need is to get my PC to print what I say in the mic. Speech to text can't be that hard. But I am new at all this so, I have tried all kinds of converters and speech to text apps , windows speech recognition has got to be a joke. I am running windows 8.1 thanks.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 8, 2015, 03:21 AM
    What you get for free is only free because the people who slaved over the software get compensated with ad clicks. There's no money in recognition software. Therefore plan on paying for it.
    (Also speech recognition is hard. There their they're countless reasons why.)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2015, 05:11 AM
    Here is one you could try: Free Speech to Text Conversion Facility In Your Browser | Gizmo's Freeware

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi, how can I use Text-to-Speech to speech Arbic using VB.NET [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, how can I use Text-to-Speech to speech Arbic using VB.NET

WAPO: Free speech ain't free speech [ 23 Answers ]

I was always under the impression that free speech was free speech, now we have things like "hate speech," "free speech zones," the UN's "you can't offend Islam speech," and as I gave an example of today - "politically correct speech." The Washington Post claims a distinction between Political...

Text to speech wow [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for something to make a voicemail greeting since my recorded voice is nasty. This one gave me a big wow: AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech: Demo Does anyone use a text to speech synthesizer that you like?

Text to speech [ 1 Answers ]

Is a website where I can download a thing where the computer reads the page to me?

View more questions Search