Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GorgeousGrandma Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2015, 08:15 PM
    Husband works out of town
    Hi, thanks for reading. I'm in search of some positive insight... My husband and I have been together for 10 years. Well recently he took a job that has him out of state 90% of the time :( I miss him so much, I didn't really want him taking the job because I knew it would be hard for me, I just don't know how to cope better I cry a lot and I feel I'm starting to go into depression. I've talked to my husband and he makes me feel better and assures me he's just doing what he has to do. I just hate it so bad and I just wish I didn't feel so sad all the time. Eventually I will have the funds to travel and see him more but as for now that's not an option.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2015, 08:23 PM
    You don't work? Volunteer! An animal shelter, a nursing home, a hospital, a library, a museum. Giving of your time and your skills will make others smile and keep you from feeling alone.

Jun 7, 2015, 08:40 PM
    No I don't work at the time I keep my granddaughter a good bit of the time. I also do things often. I still miss him and hate not seeing him we always did everything together. So its just hard :(
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 7, 2015, 08:46 PM
    I realize it's tough but since you know it is temporary why not see this as an opportunity to do things you have always wanted to do on your own, and spend quality time with family, friends, and activities you enjoy while you have all this time on your hands.

Not only will time fly because you are busy and enjoying it, but you can share that happiness with others. While it's okay to miss your husband, spending your time in more positive ways while he works for both your benefit serves you both in the long run.

You don't HAVE to just sit there and be depressed because the separation is temporary right? I just read where you have a granddaughter, so kids too, and that should bring you a lot of joy in itself.

Jun 7, 2015, 09:03 PM
    I enjoy spending time with her and I keep us entertained most of the time. I guess it just hits me the worst at night or when I'm not doing anything :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2015, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GorgeousGrandma View Post
    I enjoy spending time with her and I keep us entertained most of the time. I guess it just hits me the worst at night or when I'm not doing anything :(
    Well, then, let's think of something you can do in the evening! *putting on my thinking cap*
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 7, 2015, 09:18 PM
    You could always read and answer questions on this site until you fall asleep.:D

Jun 7, 2015, 09:33 PM
    Indeed :)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 8, 2015, 07:16 AM
    Yes - your drunk chicken got me thinking.

I came here years ago to ask about wiring a new cooktop, and I was able to do it all by myself.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 07:50 AM
    How about volunteering at a school? Teachers always need help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 07:58 AM
    That is why, I am here now. My wife and I have to be apart for about 6 weeks. It has already been 4. And yes. Night time, when you go to bed, is often the worst. Or you see things in town, you always did together.

For me. My wife and I use free computer video and do a video chat every evening about bed time.

Also we use two of the many messenger systems, I us QQ and WeChat, whree we can send video, or photo's or message, or cute little icon. To each other. We try and send a photo of our meals, some of the things we do. I sent her short video of some of my students today. Photos of each meal. And when she has time, she looks at them. She does some of the same, so we both share the day together.

** we were doing some of that, even when together, to share our day (apart)

Jun 8, 2015, 08:55 AM
    Thanks for the extra ideas chuck :) we do send pictures and glide we were coin tango but the app sucks so bad so we stopped. I'm going to tell him even though tango sucks just a few minutes of looking at each other every night is better than nothing. As far as taking pictures of what we're eating that woulbt be good because he misses my cooking and eats a lot of microwave stuff and he hates it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

05 Town & Country blower only works sometimes [ 5 Answers ]

The A/C and heat work fine. The rear blower works fine. The front blower does not. Sometimes it runs when I start and sometimes it comes on as I'm driving. Lately it hasn't come on at all. I have automatic controls. I assume it is the resistor or the blower motor by looking at all I have found but...

Husband has out of town girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

My husband works out of town frequently. Recently he was in marion, Ohio and met a woman (who's still married herself) and started having an affair with her for at least 2 weeks before I found out. I also found out that he was spending money on multiple hotel rooms for the two of them among other...

Town of creepy people who all seem to have a secret. Stranger comes into town. [ 2 Answers ]

What was that movie called where the man goes into a town and it's filled with evil people who all seem to have a secret and who are not going to let him leave alive. I can't remember if they're cannibals and plan on eating him. It might have been a TV movie. I think it was from the late 70s or...

Mother left child in care of parents and father is out of town of town working [ 2 Answers ]

Mother has custody of the child and father has joint custody of the child .Mother has left child with her parents for four days now. Her father(grandparent ) just contacted the father to let him know that she has not returned home and is recorded to have a drug problem in the past which was...

He works out of town [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfreind works out of town and he is not here all the time and when he is out of town it is hard to know what he is doing and sometimes when I talk to him he is not in a good mood what should I think ?

View more questions Search