Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael070 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2015, 06:25 PM
    Using lower voltage power supply
    What will happen if I use an output 13.5V, 1100mA - Input 120V-60Hz 32W power supply to power an item needing output 16V,1000mA - Input 120V-60Hz 29W?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 7, 2015, 07:00 PM
    You run the risk of overheating the powersupply and or the computer. Dropping the voltage down could also wrek havoc on your primary systems making things impossible to recover.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jun 11, 2015, 07:06 AM
    Sounds like a laptop power supply. In that case your battery may not fully charge and possibly over heat. The life of your battery will be negatively affected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use an 80w power supply in place of a 30w power supply if the voltage is the sa [ 1 Answers ]

The power supply for my HP laptop has died. Its 19v 30w power supply . I have another power supply that is HP that is 18.5v and 80w will it hurt my laptop if I use it?

I have low voltage one one of the 120 line of a 240 voltage supply why? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 240 supply coming from my supplier. 3 wires 120 volts , 120 volts, and neutral. As soon as I turn on my breaker one of the 120 line goes low to something like 65 volts and the other lines goes high to 170 volts. Why is that?

Need Power Supply Voltage for HP 2311x Monitor [ 4 Answers ]

Someone gave me an HP 2311x Monitor (a new model) missing the external switching power supply. I'd like to replace it with a generic (due to the high cost of purchasing it from HP), but all I can find out is the power consumption of the monitor (33w). I have Googled this every way I can think...

Power Supply Voltage [ 4 Answers ]

Is it fine to set 230v on power supply in US?

Why do we get low voltage power supply? [ 1 Answers ]

In India, appliances are 220 volts enabled. However, many Electricity Boards often provide mains power at less than 220 volts. What are the possible reasons? Is it because of technical inefficiency? On the consumer end, if the "actual load" is higher than the "connected load" (as shown by the...

View more questions Search