Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojokiki64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2015, 04:43 PM
    Camry ECT
    I have a 98 Camry and the fans stopped working. I am assuming the ECT switch is bad. At the same time, the engine sometimes dies on me or idles roughly. I am getting a P0115 error code which says the ECT sensor is bad. Do I need to replace both? It says a bad ECT sensor with cause the engine to sometimes die, but does the ECT sensor control when the fans come on?? Then what is the ECT switch for?? I guess I can just replace both.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2015, 05:56 PM
    On many cars, the ECT Sensor is a thermistor which controls the air/fuel mixture and provides data to the PCM for turning on and off the radiator fan. When the engine is cold, the ECT Sensor provides a richer fuel/air mixture; when the engine warms up, it provides a leaner mixture. On your car, like many Hondas, you have a separate ECT Sensor (2 wires) and ECT Switch (1 wire). Your ECT Switch controls when the radiator fan goes on and off. Both are easy fixes. They tend to fail, when you don't change the coolant regularly (every 2 years) with a 50/50 mixture of the recommended antifreeze and distilled water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 camry [ 8 Answers ]

I have engine running but you get shocked by the throttle cable and I still can't put the bolt in that secures the distributor. Am I missing a ground of some sort, because it acts like it fires at the wrong time, but it don't do this every time.

94 camry [ 4 Answers ]

I set the timing myself,been doing this for 35 years but this has me buffaloed. The only way to get it to crank is to leave the bolt out of the distributor and advance the distributor, and it runs poorly then,with popping through the throttle upon acceleration.

What kinds of guys should get gages. (preppy, punk, ect) [ 6 Answers ]

I'm am personally a 15 year old preppy kid. But I like scremo, rock music, alternative, etc. I am the kid who shops at hollister, american eagle, but I like the whole skater look. I want to get gages but I don't know if it would be right for a guy like me to get gages. And if it is what sizes.

Camry 96 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a front outside corner bulb on my camry 96

View more questions Search