Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a95981975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2015, 08:51 AM
    What are the most cost effective building materials for a restaurant?
    Opening a new restaurant. So far quotes for construction are very expensive. Someone suggested I find more cost effective materials to use. What are they? Who do I talk to to find this out?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2015, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by a95981975 View Post
    Opening a new restaurant. So far quotes for construction are very expensive. Someone suggested I find more cost effective materials to use. What are they? Who do I talk to to find this out?

I'd ask some of the contractors you have solicited bids from. They know what's available in your area, what they cost... and how much installation will be. Tough getting second or third estimates that way however as each one might suggest something different.

Depending on WHAT items exactly...you might be better off with something lower cost that's easily sourced locally vs. something special order with a 6+ month lead time.

An answer can only be as specific as the question asked....and you were very vague with details.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2015, 02:37 PM
    What were they going to build it with that made it so expensive? 90%+ are wood frame with OSB, cement siding and then stone, metal or brick detail. Local bldg. code may dictate what can be used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Introduce letter for building materials supplier like sand cement bric to new custmar [ 0 Answers ]

Introduce letter for building materials supplier like sand cement bric to new custmar

Insurance cost for restaurant [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing budget expenses for a business restaurant and I don't know how much insurance that I should pay in every month.

What is the cost of building a jetty and the materials needed? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a fourth grade teacher and my class is researching costs for building a jetty in a coastal area. We would like a list of materials that will environmental friendly as well as the cost of building it. We would also like to know the lifespan of a jetty in such an area. Thanks!

Michigan Building code requires a trip switch in floor drains of a restaurant? [ 1 Answers ]

Does Michigan building code require that floor drains in a restaurant (light commercial) building have trip switches?

View more questions Search