Zolfresh Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2015, 06:52 AM
    B-tree
    I want to know the maximum number of keys stored
    In a B-tree of order m and depth d.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2015, 07:26 AM
    Sounds like another homework question...
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 3, 2015, 07:38 AM
    Hi, this sounds like a question I got asked in my Algorithms course in my computer science degree. I am not going to give you the answer, but an excellent [resource] for you to look at and gain more knowledge of a b-trees so that you'll be able to answer this question on your own.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 3, 2015, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolfresh View Post
    Don't come here and post your judgment about whether my question is a Homework or not. Come here only if you have the answer and you're willing to share it or discuss it with me. This way, if I don't even get a single answer, I'd be happy. But I'm not sitting here to know which is homework and which is not. If you think it's a homework, please stay aside and let others who are willing to post, come. The site administrators are there to see if something wrong is going. Let them do their job. Neither you have the power to judge my question, nor there is a universally accepted rule to determine which question is a homework and which is not. So be least bothered.
    You think that is judgemental you shouldn't look at what I posted about a person trying to get cheat a UA test for probationl; now that was judgemental.

The policy of this site, which you didn't read, is that we don't do your homework for you. We won't supply you answers. We will help you come you gain the knowledge required to answer the question. No one here will do otherwise. If you looked at the link I gave you, it would have answered this question.

I have been through the courses you're going through and gotten the degree. Having me give you the answer isn't going to help you when you write the exam. Reading, implementing, and understanding the B-Tree will help you at exam time and afterwards. I have seen the type of person who gets the answers, but doesn't understand the concepts. They flunk out in third year, if they make it that far. Take that as you will, but I ain't helping you any more.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 3, 2015, 09:35 AM
    Please post any further questions you may have on the subject on the Mathematics board rather than the Computers for Beginners section.
    Mathematics board is here>>>>> https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mathematics/

Ps I have removed a rather confrontational discourse that is unwelcome on this site.

We would prefer YOU to post what YOU think rather then simple copy & pasting the problem.
    Least then we know were you have an issue with the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tarzen in one tree, sights Jane in another tree. He grabs the end of a vine with leng [ 5 Answers ]

A block of ice with mass 3 kg slides 0.80m down an inclined plane that slopes downward at an angle of 30 degree below the horizontal. If the block of ice starts from rest, what is its final speed? You can ignore friction.

After a large maple tree limb was removed to the tree, the area is rotting. Is it OK [ 3 Answers ]

We have a large beautiful maple tree in the center of our back yard. Several years ago the local power came through and cut one of the large limbs close to the power line clear to the tree itself. Since then in the years since, the spot has rotted and is not receding into the tree mostly because...

Cut Tree Down? Tree Roots destroying my walkway. [ 7 Answers ]

I have some type of birch tree in the front of my house. The roots have grown up on the lawn and crakes my walk way. The tree is beautiful but is destroying my walkway and the lawn. Can I save it or should I just cut it down. If I replant a tree, what tree can I plant that will avoid damaging my...

How do you kill tree roots after more than 2 years after the tree was cut down? [ 5 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I had a tree removed from my front yard and the stump ground. I was told that this was enough to kill the remaining roots. However, I don't believe that this is true since the driveway is cracking and splitting even more now than when we had the tree. One side of the crack is...

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

View more questions Search