Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngieM43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2015, 11:28 PM
    How to fix "you need permission to perform this action" error?
    Cannot delete many files in my Program Files, I keep getting these errors: "you need permission to perform this action."
    Or: "....dll is in use!"
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 2, 2015, 01:30 AM
    What are you trying to accomplish ?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 2, 2015, 06:38 AM
    Holy crap! Don't go in there deleting stuff. The program files directories aren't as disconnected with your system as they were 20 years ago. You shouldn't go in there unless you explicitly know what you're doing. Otherwise you could cause MAJOR system instabiltity that could result in having to do a soft rebuild of your system. You don't want to do that. It is costly in time and effort.

If you want to remove a program then you need to do it through your control panel and use the programs (win 7) or add/remove programs (win xp). Control. Use that to remove stuff from your computer.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 2, 2015, 10:44 AM
    Sometimes after an uninstall, the program leaves its directory behind (usually empty of data and just a folder structure). You can try right clicking the folder and try to take ownership. I think it only works if your logged in as administrator though (win7 and vista at least).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error Codes / Fix It..? [ 1 Answers ]

I come from the land of the Doubting Thomas, afraid to follow the prompts and go Clicking Away.. Several years ago when I shared the family computer with the kids and they downloaded music.. It was those surprise Pop Ups in various dress & position that had me asking " What did I touch "? Only to...

How to fix this error... [ 17 Answers ]

Well its about outlook express... every time I open it there's an error show here it is: :confused: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:...

How to fix epson error [ 1 Answers ]

My printer is epson artisan 810 I can't fix that

Can I perform tyammum or any other of action in replace of ghusal? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I perform tyammum or any other of action in replace of ghusal? If ghusal is wajib on a person n he can't use water due to any kind of disease

View more questions Search