Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elzabeta777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2015, 10:00 PM
    Is my property or house haunted?
    I would like to know if the property at (removed for privacy) area code ever known to be haunted. Also if it had any history of violence or other things related to the paranormal or historical events main stream or little known, maybe things mentioned in a newspaper or known by towns people. Also if anything is known about the history of the immediate area that may be helpful.
    I've done some research on-line but I really don't know where to get this information without doing too much intense footwork. I did learn about the Native Indian population and the different battles near-by but I couldn't find anything deeper. I was told I need to search the news papers about those properties but was never told why. So now I'm intrigued and would like to know more. If anyone could be of help to me it would be greatly appreciated.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 31, 2015, 10:51 PM
    I don't know if you are haunted, but you need to be a little more internet savvy. Positing identifying information, such as your exact address, is downright dangerous. Thus, it has been removed for your safety.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 1, 2015, 03:14 AM
    I was told I need to search the news papers about those properties but was never told why.
    To see if there are public records of strange and unusual incident.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 1, 2015, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Elzabeta777 View Post
    I would like to know if the property at (removed for privacy) area code ever known to be haunted. Also if it had any history of violence or other things related to the paranormal or historical events main stream or little known, maybe things mentioned in a newspaper or known by towns people. Also if anything is known about the history of the immediate area that may be helpful.
    I've done some research on-line but I really don't know where to get this information without doing too much intense footwork. I did learn about the Native Indian population and the different battles near-by but I couldn't find anything deeper. I was told I need to search the news papers about those properties but was never told why. So now I'm intrigued and would like to know more. If anyone could be of help to me it would be greatly appreciated.
    What do you care? Do you live at this place or are contemplating living at this place? Or do you already live at this place and are experiencing odd occurrences?

You are going to have to do the leg work on this one if you care about it. We're not going to do the work for you, but we'll point you in the right direction. Town hall records would be a good place to start. Talking to the town's elderly is good as well, buy them coffee and talk about the property. If it doesn't turn up anything that's fine, you've made someone's day by being interested in them and the area. Neighbors are a good source as well. You're going to have to talk to people in and around.

Good luck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 1, 2015, 08:25 AM
    Also check with the town public library and historical museum/society. My library and local museum have files and photos on many addresses in town with special files for murders/suicides, haunting reports, etc.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 3, 2015, 05:49 PM
    Can you shed some light as to why you are in search of this information?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2015, 11:38 AM
    Yes- libraries- town halls- council any where that keeps records. You could even try the local Church you'd be amazed what knowledge you can acquire from a local parish and it's congregation.Someone always has a story to tell...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my house really haunted? Added -- Who may have died in my house? [ 4 Answers ]

There have even a lot of tenants in my house prior to myself, it's haunted, simple as that, I've been told to try and find out if anyone has died in the house in the past, I don't know where to start.

My house is not being haunted its me that is being haunted [ 4 Answers ]

I am being haunted its not my home it has followed me for many yrs I wake up with marks like bruising bite marks scratches its just getting worse and I don't know what to do anymore I'm tired my uncle is native american and he says I'm being attacked by a skinwalker please I need advise please

My property or my house is haunted [ 10 Answers ]

Haunting I think that my property or my house is haunted, how can I find out the history of this land and if any murders or deaths have occurred in the house or on the land? So many things have happened with no logical explanation, examples are of course noises, feeling of being watched, seeing...

I think the property I am living on is haunted or something like a canable is around. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, well. A few weeks ago I seen somebody out near my log path, & my sister seen a shadow a few nights ago with her boyfriend, And my mom had a dream that she seen someone on the log trail.. and yesterday (8/27/11), My mom heard someone say "kitty, kitty, kitty" up in the woods, and we have like...

How can I tell if my property is haunted [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out if my house is haunted, my 2 year old wakes most nights screaming, telling someone called Sam to go away, he then screams no, no, out, out, this occurs on several occasions throughout the week, the same each time, any one help us.

View more questions Search