Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dolores Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2005, 02:37 AM
    Gravity
    How does the spinning of a planit affect its gravity.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Mar 2, 2005, 05:51 AM
    Gravity
    Gravitate towards this url http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/index.php

Simply ask an astronomer,for free.Use the search input box on the left of the page.Or at the bottom of the page there is a help button.

Good luck,
    Nez.
    Dolores Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2005, 02:47 AM
    Info on planets, etc.
    Thanks for providing the site address. It was fascinating to see what kind of information you can get on the internet.
    tony873004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2005, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores
    How does the spinning of a planit affect its gravity.
    Not at all. However, you will be lighter on the equator of a spinning planet because gravity is not the only force acting on you. The spin of the planet will make you lighter.

A 170 pound person standing on the equator would weigh about 1/2 pound more if the Earth stopped spinning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you tell me why earth has gravity [ 9 Answers ]

Can you tell me why earth has garvity and why earth rotates

Connecting a gravity fed shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am fitting a thermostaic mixer to a vented system using conventional hot water cylinder. The usual arrangement has the pipe coming from the top of the cylinder running horizontally and then Teeing into a vertical pipe which feeds hot water taps etc below and vents into the tank above. Normall I...

Gravity [ 3 Answers ]

At a certain point between the earth and the moon, the gravitational attraction towards the earth is exactly balanced by the gravitational attraction towards the moon. If a spacecraft is at that certain point, what is its distance from the center of the earth?

Gravity: A push or a pull? [ 1 Answers ]

Is gravity bent space-time which causes mass to "slide down hill" or is it a push force or pressure that is everywhere the universe that is shielded by mass? What experiments do or would show which model is correct?

View more questions Search