Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    famfun911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2015, 10:16 AM
    How do I go about selling my time share?
    We would like to sell our time share. How do we go about selling it? And do we have to pay any up front fee?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 29, 2015, 10:18 AM
    Selling a time share is not the easiest of things to do but there are companies that specialize in it. Solutions for Timeshare Owners | Timeshare Luxury
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 29, 2015, 02:44 PM
    Some people try Craigslist. Unless it is prime time and you want to take a loss, you will probably not have much luck.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 29, 2015, 05:24 PM
    I have a time share...a few years ago we looked into selling it. It's not worth it as you will take a huge loss. We decided to just stick it out since it's paid for already.

As far as selling it, you can contact the company you bought it from or try what others here mentioned. Be prepared to get offered about $12.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 30, 2015, 02:26 AM
    Easiest to sell through the management company for the resort it's in.
    My parents walked away from a timeshare. It wasn't selling and the annual fees weren't worth keeping it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 30, 2015, 05:17 AM
    Since there are many time shares still in selling mode, the second hand market for them is not very strong.

However, if you have a deeded share, it would work the same as selling any real estate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2015, 10:03 PM
    Agreed, most people can never sell them. Some donate them to a charity, there are some places that take them and then use them for fund rasing.

But you will at best, get about 5 or 10 cents on the dollar, for your investment.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 1, 2015, 07:56 AM
    OP has not indicated why he or she desire to sell the time-share, but typically there are several reasons, including one or more of the following:
    The owner no longer wants to spend vacation time at the same place;
    The property has deteriorated; and
    No one else wants to rent your time-share, even only at the price you are paying for maintenance.

In the appropriate case, it might make sense to join with some or all of the other owners and bring an action for partition of the property (or sell it outright if all the other owners can join in). The property may be worth significantly more than the cumulative value of the time-shares.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 1, 2015, 10:40 AM
    Sadly, renting out at 'only' the price of maintenance is often a thing of the past. Management companies have jacked up those fees disproportionately over the years, with no competition, and often there are no owner associations willing to wrestle the job away from them and hire another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time Share [ 4 Answers ]

Maybe I have been misinformed . Sister-In Law said they finally paid off their time share, just pay monthly maintenance. They live in New Jersey. I thought time shares were for 99 years and you never get title ?

The company stock is selling for 20 per share the company had total earnings of 40000 [ 1 Answers ]

Problem 18-21 Stock dividend and its effect LO4 Ace Products sells marked playing cards to blackjack dealers. It has not paid a dividend in many years, but is currently contemplating some kind of dividend. The capital accounts for the firm are as follows: Common stock (2,000,000 shares...

What is gaps selling price of 1 share? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the selling price of 1 share in GAP Inc.

Time Share [ 4 Answers ]

My parents own a Time Share They have both Died. No one in my family wants it . It is way over due on fees. Can I just forget about it and let the company repo it? Can they come after me for my parents fees? They have called me and offered to let me transfer it back to them but first they say I...

Time share [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Time Share in Florida, I stay in Michigan. I have been paying Maintenance Fee's and Taxes since about 1998. Can these fee's and taxes be claimed on my Federal Income Taxes, or how can I claim what I've paid down there. Thanks Thorn

View more questions Search