May 29, 2015, 07:10 AM
    Rear Fender Clip
    Part of the fender on 2003 Toyota Echo pop out. Is there some kind
    Of clip or plug that may have broken?
    Attached Images

CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 29, 2015, 08:19 AM
    Many of today's cars are snap together, so, yes, if the vehicle was in even a slight fender-bender, it likely has a broken retainer.
    Maybe your local dealer can provide a picture of the affected area that shows the type of clips or retainers.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2015, 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 29, 2015, 01:35 PM
    Typically, those are composite materials which snap together. It clearly looks like your's fractured.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 29, 2015, 05:28 PM
    As was stated already, looks like part of it actually broke. I have had this happen on cars before and was often able to use plastic cable ties to hold the pieces together. If you can get your hands in there (maybe from underneath) you might be able to hold it together with a cable tie or 2. Occasionally I have had to drill pieces to give the tie something to wrap around.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 29, 2015, 07:28 PM
    Very good idea, Odinn7.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'99 Civic Rear Brake question. I need to replace my rear brake shoes on a '99... [ 1 Answers ]

'99 Civic Rear Brake question. I need to replace my rear brake shoes on a '99 Honda Civic. I have never changed them before and I am wondering the difficulty level of changing them. The mechanic is charging around $250 and I asked AutoZone and their prices is $15.99 per shoe so I'm thinking it...

Rear Porch vs Rear Deck [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, I am on the cusp of winning an argument with my wife. So please help me out. Wife wants a rear deck, I prefer a rear porch. I am trying to sketch a porch configuration but I do not know how high on the roof to place the porch's roof supports or what angle they need to be cut...

Fender bender [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so on my way to class I am in a turn lane about to turn right when someone side swipes me. It turns out he has his own insurance company. Anyway, I was very nice to him as he was to me however in a nice way he says he thinks it was a no fault accident. Im not really sure why he thinks this....

View more questions Search